Things I Want My Younger Sister To Know

Things I Want My Younger Sister To Know

Other than the fact that you're totally awesome.

17
Things I Want My Younger Sister To Know
Danielle Wallace

Out of all the things I’m thankful for, being an older sister is something I cherish the most. There are so many things I want you to know, and these are just a few of them.

You are beautiful

Every time I see you, I can’t help but think how absolutely beautiful you are inside and out. Growing up, I may have gotten mad over you stealing my clothes and copying everything I did, but today, I’m flattered that you thought that highly of me. Not only are you stunning, but your personality is equally as beautiful. Sometimes society might make you feel like you’re not good enough, or that you should look and act a different way. I’m here to tell you that you are perfect just the way you are.

You are smart

I couldn’t be more amazed with how smart you’ve become. Once upon a time, you were my little sister who didn’t know nearly as much as me, and I never failed to remind you that I was always right. Right now, I honestly couldn’t tell you who is smarter. You teach me something new every day, and I feel so lucky that I get to learn from you.

You are unique

Never, ever feel like you need to change who you are. You are one of the most amazing people I have ever met, and there is absolutely nothing that I would change about you. Your personality, your passions and your goals are so unique to who you are, and you always inspire me with your determination to stay true to yourself.

You are talented

Secretly, I’m incredibly jealous of how good you are at everything you do. You’d probably be shocked at the number of times I talk about you to everyone I know, bragging about how talented you are. I’m so proud of everything you can do. Sometimes I try to make it seem like all of your incredible achievements are thanks to me, but you did it 100 percent on your own. Everything you can do right now is absolutely amazing, so you should never be ashamed to show them all off.

You will succeed

Never give anyone the right to make you feel like you don’t deserve what you want. Sometimes life can get tough, and it makes you feel like you want to quit. Don’t. If you want something, you go get it. Everyone makes mistakes, and every mistake gives you an opportunity to grow. True success comes from learning from your failures and never giving up. Your goals and aspirations will always be something I admire about you, and I know you can achieve anything you set your heart and mind to.

You are loved

No matter what life throws at you, I am always here. I’m here for your good days. The day you get that A you needed on your test. The day you need a girl’s day. The day you get asked on a date. I am here to celebrate and be just as excited (if not more excited) as you are. I’m here for your bad days. The day that nothing seems to be going right. The day you get an F on a test (not that that ever happens). The day you just need some cheering up. I’ll be there for you whenever you need me. I’ve known you your entire life, so lucky for me, I know you better than almost anyone.

I am so blessed to be your older sister, and I will never take for granted how lucky I am to have you in my life. I love you to the moon and back forever. Never forget that.