What should I do when I feel hopeless?

10 Things To Remember When You Feel Absolutely Hopeless

Because I know there are a lot of days I need to hear these.

65

As someone that suffers from depression and anxiety, there are some days I feel hopeless I'll ever make it.

Here are some things I keep in the back of my mind to remember when it feels like I'm sinking too low.

1. You have had a lot of tough days and look, you're still here!

motivation

giphy

Whenever I'm feeling drained and absolutely hopeless, I think of all the other times I've battled head on with my struggles. And clearly I've won every time because I am still here and still battling through, aren't I? Which means I'm strong enough to withstand whatever I'm going through.

2. God gives the hardest battles to His toughest warriors

god

www.maxpixel.net

It's cheesy, but it's true. God only gives you what he knows you can handle and what he thinks will shape you into the person you're supposed to be. You are fighting these battles for a reason. You are exactly where you need to be.

3. Your kids will have one strong mom!

super

cdn.pixabay.com

I'm not sure why this is something I think of when I'm struggling, but it helps. After everything I've gone through, very little will phase me as a mom. And I know my struggles will give me the understanding to prevent and help my kids when they struggle with the same battles.

5. Battle scars, whether on the inside or out, are badass 

Your scars are beautiful because they are proof you survived. My favorite saying, and the motivation behind a tattoo on my back; "She conquered her demons and wore her scars like wings".

Be proud of both your internal and external scars and wear them with pride regarding who you have become despite them.

5. There are so many puppies you haven't gotten the chance to meet yet

love

cdn.pixabay.com

This one is self explanatory...how can you give up when there are so many dogs in the world left to see? So many dogs that need pets and kisses? That's worth fighting my battles any time.

6. This obstacle is what will send you on the road you're meant to be on

road

images.pexels.com

Everything happens for a reason. That tired old saying. But as I reflect back on the struggles I thought ruined my life, I am realizing it really set me on a greater path for success. If something goes wrong, maybe that's the worlds way of saying "No, there is something greater out there for you".

And no, you will never see it at the time. It will just seem like bad luck or a terrible situation that has ruined the future you wanted. But as you grow and change, you will see the way your struggles have shaped your path to success.

7. No matter how much you deny it, there is always SOMEONE out there to help

man

upload.wikimedia.org

Whether it be a therapist, a friend, a parent, or even a stranger through the suicide/depression hotline, there is always someone out there that wants to listen and help you. That nagging feeling that you're alone and no one understands is not rational. There are billions of people in this world, I promise you there is someone.

8. Your success will mean so much more after your battles

success

cdn.pixabay.com

Success means nothing if it is just handed to you and you didn't have to fight your way there. Nothing good ever comes easy. The road to success will never be flat, unless you're shooting too low for yourself. When you fought your way to the top and turn around to see all the mountains you climbed to get there, you'll have a much better view than those that had it easy.

9. There is not one person on this earth that doesn't have bad days

montana

giphy

As the famous songwriter, Hannah Montana, once said, "Everybody makes mistakes. Everyone has those days".

All jokes aside, that is the TRUTH. No one has their life together, no one knows what they're doing, some people are just better at faking it. If you make a mistake, you're human, not a failure.

10. Everything you've been through is what makes you YOU

you

Unsplash

Your struggles shape you. Your struggles and how you overcome them ARE you. This is what makes you who you are. This is what makes you unique and will set you apart from your peers in the future. Learn to embrace the obstacles you fight through because they will change you on the other side into the unique person you're meant to be.