5 Things To Know Before Sorority Recruitment

Soon enough "hell week" and rush weekend will be upon us, and here are some tips before you walk into the chaos.

72

I was not prepared for the grueling hours and energy that was needed for Rush but I think these 5 tips can put you in the correct mindset.

1. HYDRATE!!!

https://www.pexels.com/photo/clear-glass-h2o-bottle-113734/

Hydration is SO important! I rushed right when I came to college and it was still blazing hot outside. Fortunately, houses provided water but it is in your best interest to hydrate since there is a lot of walking around and standing in the hot sun.

2. Comfort over Style

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8e/White_stiletto_high-heels.jpg

I still have scars from blisters I got during Rush weekend. Needless to say, factor comfort into your shoe choice, because like I said before, there will be a lot of walking.

3. Be Personal

https://www.goodfreephotos.com/albums/people/female-models-on-the-walkway-on-fashion-show.jpg

Make sure that you're rocking whatever screams *insert your name*! I remember I rushed with a girl who wore spider-man vans because she loved spider-man and she said it was a great conversation starter. Therefore wear something that makes a statement and shows off your personality.

4. Practice

https://www.pexels.com/photo/two-smiling-women-sitting-on-wooden-bench-1267696/

This one seems cliché but practice does make perfect. Get comfortable talking about yourself and your interests so you can keep a conversation flow and let the person know the most about you in the short amount of time given.

5. Trust the Process

presby.edu

https://www.presby.edu/admissions/2017/09/14/bid-day-best-friends/

You will hear this constantly during the process! However, when houses dropped me and I felt defeated, I continued to remind myself that I will have a forever sisterhood at the end of all of it. I love my sorority sisters and couldn't picture it any other way!