'Is That Natural?' And 6 Other Things Redheads Experience All The Time

I've grown up hearing the same lame jokes, getting called the same cliché nicknames and getting asked the same questions.

79

Being a redhead sometimes translates to being treated like a science experiment or weird phenomenon. I don't know why this is. People are weird.

All I know is, I've grown up hearing the same lame jokes, getting called the same cliché nicknames and getting asked the same questions. If you have red hair, I'm sure you've experienced these too.

The sunscreen automatically gets passed to you first. Every time. 

It doesn't matter whether you're eight or 80, you will always get lectured about wearing enough sunscreen. Trust me, honey, no one knows our skin like we do. You only make that mistake once.

Your first nickname will always be "Red."

It stopped being funny and cute a long time ago. But just smile and wave boys, smile and wave.

"So you obviously must be Irish, right?" 

Actually, no. But thank you for assuming.

Avoiding people is impossible. 

You literally cannot hide from anybody when your hair acts as a giant target. It's a dead giveaway.

"Is that your natural hair color?" 

Why, yes. Yes, it is. *flips hair*

And yes, I know I should never dye it.

The blonde vs. brunette Twitter argument...

Do you people just forget we exist or...?

The colors red, yellow and orange are typically not your friend. 

Unless you're lucky, you avoid those colors at all costs.

As annoying as the repetitive jokes and questions get sometimes, I love having my red hair. It's different and fun!

Own it, sister. We love a good redhead.