Leave Poor Mindsets, Habits, And People Behind Going Into The Year

New year, new you. Here's a few things to leave behind and help you improve.

56
Pexels.com

Every year people around the US come up with a list of New Year's Resolutions, a list of things they want to add to their lives to further their self-improvement. While this is great, I think it is also important to look at what is less important in your life right now and figure out what to leave in 2017.

Habits

Are you super messy? Unorganized? Always late? What are your worst habits that are currently getting in between the person you are and the person you want to be? Leave those behind and go to the people you admire and look up to. Learn their habits and replace them with your old ones. This will help you grow and flourish. In this new year you will definitely become a new you.

Mindsets

Are you nice to yourself? Are you nice to others? Do you only hang around certain people based off how they can benefit you and not their overall character? These are the ways of thinking I have seen a lot of people exemplify this past year. And all I can say is, stop. This is so harmful to yourself and those around you. Try to focus on being kinder and more positive. Start to make a conscious decision to say one kind thing to yourself and one kind thing to someone one else every single day. A positive mindset will help you uplift yourself in your darkest moments.

People

This is the hardest one to figure out because it can be hard to let go of some relationships. Go over everyone that you talk to on a regular basis. From friends, lovers, and everyone in between. Who makes you stressed, anxious, or makes you feel unworthy? Let. Them. Go! Stop wasting your time and energy. They will be replaced with much more rewarding people in due time. Slowly begin to drift away from these people and when you get the courage, sit them down and tell why you need to leave. You'll be doing this to maintain your peace and happiness.

Don't be afraid of change. Don't be afraid of growth. A lot of people put such simplistic things on their New Year Resolutions list because everything else is too scary and hard. Choose to be better and strive higher in 2018 and leave the old you in the past.