Things I Wish I Knew As A High School Senior

"Our lives are before us, Our pasts are behind us, But our memories are forever with us"

202
Styletic
  1. It FLIES by. One day you’re a freshman, then you blink and you’re walking across the stage at graduation.
  2. Join Clubs. Don’t go through high school looking in from the outside. GET INVOLVED.
  3. Go to the Games. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Soccer, Volleyball. Whatever the sport is go and support your school, and your classmates.
  4. Get out of your comfort zone. Talk to someone new, ask that cute boy/girl from Chemistry on a date, go on an adventure with your friends.
  5. Thank your teachers. Your teachers will be the greatest thing that happened to you in high school. They go above and beyond for us everyday. They deserve to be thanked everyday for everything they do.
  6. Do your best. You think “ this doesn’t matter, ill do better next year.” It all matters. Your grades, attitude, and the effort you put in. Colleges look at all four years. Not just senior year.
  7. You will lose friends along the way. As we go through high school, people change, and that’s okay. People come and go. I guarantee you won’t have the same group of friends you had Freshman.
  8. Numbers don’t define intelligence. Your ACT or SAT scores don’t really determine how smart you are.
  9. You may not get into your dream college. That’s okay too. You probably weren’t meant to just uproot and more 3 states away from home just yet.
  10. It’s okay to not go to a 4 year college. Community college is great, if you don’t exactly know what you want to do with your life. Get all your general studies done, so that way you won’t have to worry about them later.
  11. Take classes seriously. Don’t just blow off school because you’re a senior and “Don’t Care” because you need to care.
  12. Most importantly have fun. Dress up for spirit days. Act crazy in the hallways. Laugh a lot. Make memories. High school doesn’t last forever.
  13. Chances are it won’t matter after graduation. That time you fell down the stairs and everyone laughed, or that time you spilled soda all over you, or anything other bad thing that happened to you. It won’t matter after graduation.

Make the best of Senior year. Chances are it’ll be the best year of your life. Take chances & Make the most of every day! :)