There is a Certain...Magic...With Film...

It's appertaining.

194
Saga UK

There is a certain joy in watching a movie from a time long since past, a piece of life that is stuck in time, never to be moved into the future. Something that was made in the past, but continues to live in the future, but at the same time, struck in that very past.

While some may not like films that are “old time,” I believe that there is a certain magic to these films, the stories behind the films and how the people were. Whether it is a film from the 1930s or a film from the 2000s, there is that magic within the film. It’s trapped, but it is hard every time someone views it.

I’m always awe-struck when someone tells me that they do not see that same magic within the film, the aura around it because it’s so evident to me and those like my father were much of my love for film comes from.

Seeing the actors do their thing, and getting trapped in the film. It does not have to be a well-received film, nor does it have to be a blockbuster. As long as you like the movie, that’s all that should matter, at least that’s how I view it.

That is where the magic is, the magic of the film gets awaken when you are actively watching it, mentally where you are within their world for the runtime of the film.