The 10 Worst Things To Happen To Any College Student

There are some struggles that only people in college will face.

491
Unsplash

There are some struggles that only kids in college will face. Not only are we all broke, but there are certain campus-struggles that only students can understand. No matter how many times we tell our parents that 1 a.m. is a normal bedtime for us, they seem to think we should be asleep by 10 p.m., which is simply unrealistic.

College is a unique time in anyone’s life. It’s crazy and fun, but it definitely brings its own complications that adults don’t have to face, and they forget what it was like to be in our shoes.

1. Leaving your computer to charge the whole night, only to wake up and realize it wasn’t fully plugged in.

Your computer was dead by the time you finished your homework and got into bed the night before, so you plugged it in to make sure it was fully charged for the next day. But of course, you wake up and realize that somehow, the charger wasn’t fully plugged in, and your device is still dead.

2. ...and then there’s no outlet near your seat in class

So your computer is dead, and now there’s no outlet near you. But you need your computer to take notes and take the attendance quiz. You're then forced to handwrite notes and take the quiz on your phone.

3. Driving to class and not being able to find a spot.

Some days when you’re running late in the morning and it’s raining, you decide to drive to class instead of walk. But then you show up and there’s nowhere to park. Sure, you could park in one of the student centers, but at this point you’re going to be so late to class that you freak out.

4. Not having quarters for meters

You finally find a spot near your first class, but you realize you don’t have quarters for the meter! If you’re lucky, the meter will accept credit cards. If you’re not so fortunate, you might have to accept whatever parking violation you receive in order to attend your class.

5. Not looking at the weather before you leave

Since yesterday was 70 degrees and sunny, you assume today will be too. So you walk out of your apartment in shorts and a t-shirt only to realize it’s actually 40 degrees and raining, and you don’t have enough time to run back and change. Your lack of preparation will leave you cold and wet throughout the entire day.

6. Having your phone go off in class because you forgot to silence it

By far the most embarrassing thing is having your phone make a noise in a classroom that is dead-silent. The death-stare you then get from your professor, and fellow classmates, is priceless.

7. Being called out for showing up late to a class

Certain professors are exceptionally strict when it comes to punctuality, and they’re not ashamed to call you out in front of 300 other students when you walk in even just a few minutes past the start time.

8. The WiFi simply doesn’t work.

No matter how much you’re paying to be at your university, there always seems to be issues with the WIFI, which is necessary for most classes.