The Ultimate Black Friday Survival Guide

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

3
World Gossip Girl Tumblr

It is that time of year again! While Thanksgiving is right around the corner, that also means black Friday is as well! Black Friday might be one of the most intimidating shopping days of the entire year. Each year it seems to get more and more intense, and stores seem to open earlier and earlier. Through working on black Friday and also shopping on black Friday I have become very accustomed with this holiday. With the right preparation anyone can have a successful black Friday.

1. Prepare Yourself

Don't take this lightly, shopping on black Friday can be quite overwhelming. Depending on what store you are shopping at, there may be tons of shoppers... and I literally mean tons. Prepare to be pushed, shoved and packed into a line with hundreds of people.

2. Know Your Stuff

This can mean a variety of things. Know what time your store opens, know what big deals they are advertising, know what coupons will be valid, and know how many people you can expect to be shopping with. A general rule is that chain stores like Walmart and Target will be more crowded than local shops. So if you're planning on shopping at Walmart make sure you get there a least an hour our two before the doors open to get a good spot in line. The earlier you arrive, the greater chance you have of getting the best deals. Usually local shops do not have as much back stock as big chain stores, so arriving to local shops early is very crucial if you are trying to get a highly advertised item.

3. Fuel Up

Coffee is a super important tool on black Friday. Make it at home, or go out and buy some. Make sure you budget some extra time for going to get coffee. Starbucks and Dunkin are usually just as slammed as the stores. Also don't forget to eat something. Depending on what time you get up you may not feel like eating, but it's important. Being hungry and surrounded by hundreds of crazy shoppers in not a fun combination.

4. Stay Focused

Stores will try to distract you right when you enter the door with door busters and crazy good deals. While these can be steals, make sure you get what you've come for before you stop to look at something else. Usually stores only have a limited number of the big sale items. If you are going for a popular item, go straight there when you enter the store, and then hit the door busters and unadvertised sales once you have your big ticket items.

5. Have Fun

I feel like this is really overlooked. Black Friday is like the unofficial beginning of Christmas. Enjoy shopping for others and don't get too upset if you don't get everything on your list. You know stores will have sales all the way up until Christmas Eve. Enjoy burning off some calories from Thanksgiving while running around the mall. Happy Shopping!