The Trial Of Life

The Trial Of Life

Massachusetts most wanted criminals, two millenniums ago.

9
The Trial Of Life
WGN America

DEVILS,DEATH,& DECEIT

1629, Salem, Massachusetts....Yup, the infamous witch trials.

To think that back then, even if someone had thought of believing in witches it could get them hanged. Jump to today, a time where everyone wants a Hogwarts letter to be a witch/wizard in training.

According to this show, Salem, the witches were the ones who actually ignited the “witch trials” hunt in the first place.

Why? Well, you can’t perform a good ritual without sacrificing a few good innocents for the cause.

Salem had a short lived run from 2014- 2017. During that time we got to fall in love and get angry with the the characters. The show even used real life names of people who were part of the hunt.

Mary Sibley, the main character, is married to the mayor of the town, keeps him sick so she can run the place. She later opens the portal that so many others before her failed to do, and births the next “Dark Lord”, the Devil himself!

Mary couldn’t do this without her sidekick Tituba, who trained her. Along with new found born witch Anne Hale (who destroys Mary),her brother Sebastian (twincest).

We can’t forget our faithful supporting/recurring characters: Mercy Lewis,first controled by Mary to point the finger at (false) witches, to later be a witch in training, gone wrong under Mary's supervision.

Issac Walton, loyal friend to Mary and John and is often seen being caught up in everyone problems and taking the hit for what normally goes wrong around them.

It wouldn’t be a good drama unless there was love lost. Captain John Alden (father to Mary’s Devil child), was determined to destroy every witch including Mary despite his love for her, he went as far as to become one with earth and giving his life away in exchange for powers, but not witch powers, if that's even a thing!

Lastly, the drunk, bible toting, foolish, non-witch believer Cotton Mather. He could be seen as annoying like his future spouse Anne. It wasn’t until the final season did he realize his wife was the truest witch out of everyone in Salem.

If you're into history, sex, lies, mayhem and mischief; this is a must watch you can catch on Netflix!