The Top Three Girl Bosses Every Woman Should Look Up To

A girl boss is a woman that empowers those around her by taking her life and her career into her own hands.

30
Unsplash

In a world where it feels like women are always given the shortest stick, sometimes it's hard to get any inspiration to be someone. You might need a bad-ass woman role model to get some daily inspo from AKA a girl boss. A girl boss is a woman that empowers those around her by taking her life and her career into her own hands. Girl bosses are all over the place. These are just some of my favorite women that motivate me and inspire me to no end.

1. Angela Merkel

You probably don't know her, but this woman is hands down the most bad-ass girl boss there has ever been. I have a laptop sticker with her face on it. I did my senior leadership project on her. Merkel is the Chancellor of Germany and has held that position since 2005 (!!!!!). She's technically a physicist (another !!!!!!!!), but she decided to pursue politics. The reason she is so fricking amazing and she should be a role model to all women is because of her leadership ability. She handled the Greek Eurozone bailout with an extremely cool hand, and this is only one example of her success. She has held an approval rating of well over 55% for the last 13 years as Chancellor. She works with environmental development. She works in a male dominated field and continues to be a force to be reckoned with. With all of this being said, my favorite thing she's ever done is hit Putin where it hurts. Merkel is afraid of dogs and in a meeting with Merkel, Putin brought a really big dog. After their meeting, she walked out and said ""I understand why he has to do this — to prove he's a man. He's afraid of his own weakness. Russia has nothing, no successful politics or economy. All they have is this." MIC. DROP.

2. Kim Kardashian-West

I don't care what anyone says, Kim K is a girl boss. She's not rich and famous for nothing. She built an empire from the ground up and, guess what, even if you hate her, you're still talking about her!! With the help of her mother and her sisters, she created a brand that turned into a household name. In addition to that, she's a loving wife and a doting mom. She balances her booming business, while always being present in her children's' lives and making sure they know that they are loved deeply. Whether you want to admit it or not, Kim is successful and inspirational. She is a smart business woman who is also a family woman. Either way, I'm still tuning in to E! on Sunday nights and getting my weekly dose of Kardashian.

3. Malala Yousafzai

You may have heard of Malala at some point in the recent past. She's a Pakistani woman that just wanted to go to school. The Taliban wouldn't let women get an education, but Malala still went to school and began to write for a blog for the BBC. She wrote things about the Taliban that exposed their treatment of the Pakistani people, and because of this, Taliban members stormed a bus Malala was on, and shot her in the head. However, she survived. She is now an advocate for women's rights and education, and she won a Noble Peace Prize at 19!!!! Talk about kick ass!