The Thank You My Big Brother Deserves
Family Friends

The Thank You My Big Brother Deserves

Thank you for being my role model, showing me what kind of person I want to be. Thank you for loving me for who I am.

216
The Thank You My Big Brother Deserves

I am sure you've heard all the complaints people had about having an older sibling. Whether it was about how annoying it was that they could go out and you couldn't, or how they didn't get in trouble for hurting you when you "annoyed" them. However, for me, I couldn't be any more grateful for my older sibling. Sure, we have our moments that we absolutely cannot stand each other, but life without my big brother would be something I could never imagine. Ever.

Alec, life with you has been everything I could have asked for and more. These past 18 years with you have been more fun than I ever could have dreamed of. Not a minute goes by that we aren't singing or laughing when we are together. To say that you aren't the greatest gift that mom and dad gave me is a lie. I couldn't be more blessed to have you as not only my brother but my best friend.

Growing up, life has been a little challenging for me. Basically, because you gave me the biggest shoes to fill, but I couldn't have done any of it without you. Between all the highs and all the lows I have experienced, without your support, I would not be where I am today. Whether it was me waking you up at 2 am when we were younger because I was upset about something, begging you to help me with my homework, the multiple facetime calls over the past two years while we were apart, or you not being able to watch the football game because I made you spend time with me since I was homesick at college, I couldn't be more thankful to have you in my life.

I know I thank you for things on the occasion, but I definitely don't tell you enough how appreciative I am for you and how much you mean to me. So, thank you. Thank you for always listening to my gossip. Thank you for driving me places even when I know you really didn't want to. Thank you for embarrassing me constantly, it gives me good stories to tell my kids one day! Thank you for supporting me through every decision I have made thus far, even if you deep down didn't support them. Thank you for being so hard-working, kindhearted, and intelligent. Thank you for being my role model, showing me what kind of person I want to be. Thank you for loving me for who I am. And lastly, thank you for being you.

Whether we're on the plane home from Buffalo smelling up the entire plane with chicken wings, living it up in Mexico or Punta Cana, driving around aimlessly because we're bored, or just sitting on the couch in the den watching some dumb show you have on, there's never a dull moment with you. These past two years, while you've been in college, were so tough, but you know what they say: "distance makes the heart grow fonder," and sure enough, here we are reunited at Binghamton!

Alec, I wouldn't be anywhere near where I am today without you. Without your guidance and positive influence, I'd probably be laying in bed at home doing nothing with my life. I wouldn't trade you for the world, brother. To many more years of sappy sibling shit, vacations, and many inside jokes. LOVE YOU, BROTHER!!!