The Struggle Of High School

The Struggle Of High School

It isn't always that bad!

133
The Struggle Of High School
myinsuranceshark.com

High school was a time to learn to be more independent and to make new friends. For me the making friends part wasn't the hardest.

I was a very happy freshman, excited for the next four years of my life, always smiling and laughing and making the best of the situation. I had my close circle of friends and we had so many laughs together! Those girls were my life. Freshman year I wasn't really as into my studies as I am now, (thank God), but I was soaking up the experience. It was my first time taking midterms and finals, first time moving to a different class room every class. It was also the first time I actually experienced homework, even on the first day of class. I finished that year off to a good start, with wonderful friends and an amazing social life.

Sophomore year came around and I was still my bubbly self, my grades did pick up a little, because I started looking into colleges. I was so excited for the thought of college even though it was only my second year of high school. There were some problems in my friend group, but everything was fine... or so I thought. I befriended the incoming freshman and they are some of my best friends to this day. They have been there for me and I have been there for them. Everything seemed to be going fine until I had seen otherwise. This is the year that I saw my group of girlfriends' true colors and I started to see how they actually treated others. Then the summer happened and we all still talked, but it wasn't like we used to.

Junior year was the year I learned so much about myself and I was challenged with being an "outsider". Not going to lie, it was definitely not the best year of my high school experience but it is the year I learned the most. My whole life seemed to be flipped upside down, I didn't really have friends, the people I thought I could trust turned out to have wasted my time. They never treated me right and were simply just insecure mean girls who thought they were all that, (and we all know a few people like that). Sadly, this is the year my grades slipped a little bit because my mind was elsewhere. However, this was when I learned to love myself for me and for no one else, I also learned the TRUE value of friendship! I was so excited that we had one more year left and I was off to college.

Senior year, this year was the year I strived for greatness! I knew my self worth and didn't let any one tell me how I should feel. I cared less about the people's opinions if they didn't matter. I also came to terms that if people wanted to truly be in my life they would be! Right around my graduation day my grandpa passed away. This was the first major death in the family that I have witnessed and I was very sad that he wasn't there to see my graduate high school. It was also a confusing end of the year because some of my old friends who dropped me Junior year came through to ask if I was okay. My mind was a mess and I just wanted to shut every one out. I knew things would look up and they did.

High school is different for everyone, but even though it might not be the best years of your life, I feel they are the most important because you will learn so much about yourself, and see how strong you really are!

Sincerely,

Someone who survived high school.

P.S: High school isn't always that bad! Make it worth it, but still have respect for yourself and keep up with your studies. You will need them in College!