The Secret Society Of Leap Day Babies

The Secret Society Of Leap Day Babies

Only leap day babies allowed.

48
The Secret Society Of Leap Day Babies
google

Everyone loves birthdays. They only come once a year, right? What if you’re a leap year baby? You might get creative on those years where February 29 doesn’t occur and go big for when the actual day arrives. The Honor Society of Leap Year Day Babies was launched in 1997 and created to raise awareness on the day itself. It’s an exclusive group only available to Leap Year babies and it’s completely free! According to the group, they believe to be the world's largest birthday club hosting approximately 10,000 members.

Not only does this association celebrate those who were born as Leap Year Babies, but they also strive to raise awareness on the day itself. Out of the many holidays like Christmas, Halloween, and Valentine’s Day, Leap Year has gotten the short end of the stick. It seems as if modern day culture has not yet figured out how to truly celebrate this day or turn into a typical money making holiday. Most of the members of this association allow for interviews and media time to spread the news and reach others across the globe.

The Honor Society of Leap Year Day Babies offers many tools to help learn about people born on February 29 and to search for others born on Leap Day. Since it is rare to be born on this day, it is even more rare to meet someone who was born on February 29! This site has been a home to many friendships between Leap Year Babies where they can share their stories.

“I used to get into movies for children prices by asking, If a person has not had their 12th birthday do they get in for the child price? Always worked!! Great Fun. At 16 I now get asked different questions... oh well - still fun!?” states Scott Robert Hamilton, a member of The Honor Society of Leap Year Day Babies.There are tons of different stories to be found on different people born on Leap Day.

“What would you do if you have one more day?” shares another member, Lela, from Italy. That’s an interesting thought to think about and even if you aren’t a Leap Day baby, February 29 can give us all a lot of meaning; make the most out of each day!

Although we learned that it takes the Earth 365 days to orbit the sun, it actually takes an exact 365.2422 days to complete its orbit. To make up for extra time, we added the additional day to our calendars to stay in rhythm with the Earth. We might even wonder why February is the lucky month to get an extra day. According to The Telegraph, the month was first shortened by Emperor Caesar Augustus, who added two days to “his” month in order to make August the same length as Julius Caesar’s month, July (but who really knows?).

Along with providing Leap Day babies a place to meet others born on the same day, The Honor Society of Leap Year Day Babies also hosts the site leapyearday.com to promote awareness. On this page, you can find out about Leap Year Day issues, Leap Day News, and much more. Their primary goal is to raise awareness of the hardships that Leap Day babies face in the world such as forms for banking and insurance.