The Power Of Journalism

The Power Of Journalism

Journalists need to start advocating truth.

403
The Power Of Journalism
Journalist/Spy

Being an advocate of truth in journalism is certainly something that is fairly important. Ethics is one of the keys of successful journalism, and truly good journalist want to be more openly honest to the public about things that are going on. Journalists even sometimes may need to take a risk in order to expose great evils or things being immorally hidden from the general public. The problem with modern journalism though is that it stopped doing that. Right now I am tired of the most viral articles being based on clickbait rather than quality content. Articles shouldn't go viral with cleavage in the thumbnails, or dishonest titles.

It is deeply concerning to me how divided the media has become. They literally have cover stories on things such as what someone is wearing, how a celebrity ate a dish at a conference, etc. This is just dumb. It is dumb because journalist became more like celebrity and politician stalkers rather than actually informing the general public of more important events going on. Illegal surveillance, broken war agreements, and genocidal regimes active in middle eastern territories don't get as many views as, "Celebrity X Caught Picking Nose in Press Conference," or "X Opens Up About Potential Cheating," or "100% Chance this Politician is Gonna Win."

Nowadays people are more bias than ever in their media coverage as well as post on topics that literally don't affect our everyday lives, global economy, or most of the modern world. A cover story shouldn't be about what a celeb is wearing or gossip rumors, it should be on things such as "Coptic Genocide is a Human Rights Issue" or "Major Discovery can Lead to Breakthrough in Quantum Computing." Imagine how much more intelligent and productive the general population would be if the media spent more time covering what is going on rather than gossip or controlled opposition with means to divide us.