23 Songs To Curate The Perfect Spring Playlist

Indecisive music lover? Listen to these hits to get you in the spring mood.

1417

If any of you are like me, you like all types of music. When someone asks what your favorite genre is, you can't answer them directly because you really don't know. Either way, you'll love this list of songs that get you in the bright, fresh, spring mood. Here are some of my (and some of my friends') all time favorites to listen to on a beautiful Spring day.

1. "Sunday Candy" - Donnie Trumpet & The Social Experiment

I honestly don't care who you are, this is a bop. On any sunny day, roll down your windows and blast this song. It automatically puts you in a better mood.

2. "Cough Syrup" - Young The Giant

This song makes you feel like you're on top of the world, just what we need in a season of regrowth and rebirth. A great Indie classic.

3. "New Perspective" - Panic! At The Disco

Panic! never ceases to amaze everyone. No matter what genre you enjoy, you'll always enjoy something that Brendon Urie sings. He's magical, and so is this song.

4. "Fast Car" - Tracy Chapman

The major chords that lift your spirit and the minor chords that hurt so good are the reasons why it's a classic.

5. "Salad Days" - Mac Demarco

If you're looking for a super chill song that you can vibe out to on a beautiful day, listen to Salad Days.

6. "Here Comes The Sun" - The Beatles

Now, if you don't know this song, I'm not gonna say I'm disappointed... but I am just a little disappointed. This song is an absolute CLASSIC. This will cheer anyone up who is in a bad mood.

7. "Walking on Sunshine" - Katrina & The Waves

This song is also a cliche "get happy" song, but you can't go wrong with it. A great song for a bright spring day when you're feeling awesome.

8. "You Can't Hurry Love" - Phil Collins

Phil Collins has a voice that can just mellow out anything. This song is upbeat and bright with a bass line that will get you dancing.

9. "Livewire" - Oh Wonder

This song has a more slow and calm beat compared to the rest of the songs. Nevertheless, it has calming background music mixed with emotional lyrics that anyone would love.

10. "The Sound" - The 1975

You can honestly never go wrong with ANYTHING by The 1975, Chocolate is also one of my personal favorites. But, "The Sound" has such an unmistakable feeling of bliss and happiness to it, it just had to make it onto this playlist.

11. "Shiver" - Coldplay

If you know me, you know that Coldplay had to make this playlist. One of my friends suggested this song, however. It has a melancholy set of verses accompanied by a chorus that will make your soul take flight.

12. "Distraction #74" - The Avett Brothers

The Avett Brothers are a fun and folky band that always brings amazing music to the table including this fun song that will make you smile any day.

13. "Hard Times" - Paramore

This song JUST came out this week, and I am in love with it. Even though it sounds absolutely nothing like what Paramore has done in the past, it is still fabulous and amazing, and Hayley Williams can literally pull off any song style (or hairstyle). I recommend watching the video here.

14. "Stuck" - The Aces

This is a really fun hit with a bass line that will have your feet moving. Oh, by the way, it's by a really cool all girl band. What's not to love about it?

15. "Casimir Pulaski Day" - Sufjan Stevens

If you enjoy mellow, melancholy, but beautiful songs with harmonies and an amazing acoustic sound, this is the one for you. The lyrics tell a beautifully tragic story.

16. "Hold On Forever" - Rob Thomas

Rob Thomas has a way of making you feel things in his voice. This song is undeniably a cheer-up song, and it makes you feel like you're not alone when you listen to it.

17. "A Fan's Mail (Tron Song II)" - Thundercat

I'm not even going to describe this one, all I'm going to say is that it's so much fun. You just have to go listen to this for yourself. Here it is.

18. "Santeria" - Sublime

This is a crowd favorite, honestly. If you can't get down to this song, we can't be friends. (JK we can still be friends I'm just gonna have to show you the amazing-ness that is Santeria).

19."Olivia Mae" - Brett Young

This song is too cute. Its sweet guitar and even sweeter lyrics make it a great country hit for the Springtime.

20. "Lay Me Down" - Dirty Heads

"Lay Me Down" is such a fun tune with a very interesting story going on in the lyrics. If you just wanna mellow out and jam to some really cool music, I recommend Dirty Heads.

21. "Listen To The Man" - George Ezra

George Ezra has such an amazing and deep voice, and this song gives off such relaxing, sunny vibe.

22. "Ophelia" - The Lumineers

"Ophelia" mixes the amazing voice of lead singer Wesley Schultz and the jazzy piano that The Lumineers are known for. Actually, just go listen to the whole album, "Cleopatra." It's amazing.

23. "In Your Atmosphere" - John Mayer

And last but not least, I had to add my main man John Mayer to the mix. I have been obsessed with this song lately and it is perfect for Spring.

There you have it! These are just some general directions you can go in when listening to songs that will make you feel infinite. Hope you enjoy, and have a happy Spring!