How to start a YouTube channel

I began uploading videos to YouTube back in the summer of 2015, when I was seventeen years old. My videos consisted of book reviews, monthly favorites, and pop culture gossip. At the time, I did not have good lighting nor editing skills, but I did have a lot of passion. But I became discouraged when I would only get on average 80 views for each video, so I deleted all my videos.

I tried again the winter of my senior, but this time with a focus on pop culture news and I found some success. One of my videos, on Zayn Malik, got 200 views and I was so happy. At the end of my senior year, I tried college videos that consisted of college Q&A, back to school supplies haul and a dorm haul, but I did not get many views. I only uploaded maybe two vlogs my freshman year of college and then I tried uploading more sit down videos, but I only got maybe 70 views. I finally gave up uploading videos and put away my camera.

So why did I start filming again? I really missed filming and putting my voice in the world. Luckily I met my best friend Janet in community college and we both found out that we wanted to work in the entertainment field. Janet wants to be a scriptwriter and a director, while I want to be a television correspondent. I brought up my idea of starting a channel summer 2018, and she agreed to help me. Prior to my YouTube I started a blog titled Dreamer and the City the first month of 2017 and kept it till October 2018. I deleted the blog to start over again and I finally published my blog again in January. I decided to name my YouTube channel Dreamer and the City because the title is personal for me but also because I want it to be concurrent with my blog.

Filming my four videos was so much fun because I had a professional camera and I had my best friend as the director. We made it a project between two friends, she was in charge of editing and I was in charge of promoting the videos. The challenge though is that I have to rent my camera and having to carry a 15+ pound camera on the CTA is very difficult. So in the meanwhile, I am going to try vlogging and filming on my iPhone. Even though my videos are still not getting many views I am not giving up this time! I hope to become a YouTube just like Tana Mongeau, Daisy Marquez, and Nikita Dragun. I just have to keep on filming and continue being consistent. If you like to check my videos click here.