The Last First Day Of School

The Last First Day Of School

"Here's to us, the Class of 2017, may it be the best year yet."

15
The Last First Day Of School
Nichols

From the time we are five years old, sometimes even younger, our childhoods are filled with countless "First Day of School" photographs and memories. These photos and "first days" resemble the growth we have made through the years. They represent each milestone met and time passed from being a child, to a teenager, to a young adult. Each of these first days represented a new beginning, a beginning to which we hoped to be a year better than the last. However today's first day was a little bit different.

Today, on August 29th, 2015, I partook in my very last first day of school. Although this was the beginning of something new, it was also the very surreal beginning of an unbelievable end. As I picked out my last first day of school outfit, and walked to class for the last first time, the emotions flew high. Today was the true beginning of my future as an adult. Although there will be many "first day's" to come, such as my first day of my adult job, the first day as a college graduate, etc. I have yet to let myself believe thag this is the very last first day of school.

Believable or not however, this day has come and gone, and there are many things to be grateful for. I am grateful for this incredible place, that I am so lucky to call my second home. I am grateful for the beautiful weather today has brought my way, and the incredible opportunity I have been given to pursue my education further. I am grateful for the professors who have made this journey far more than worth while and for allowing and encouraging me to continue to follow my dreams, and believe that all my dreams can come true.

I am grateful for the people in which I have been blessed to share this journey with, and all the people I will meet in the coming year. I am grateful for the endless amounts of love and support from my friends, family, teammates and most of all I am so grateful to have found myself and to be proud of the person I have become.

Although today may have been the very last first day of school, I am lucky to have been a part of this incredible journey and to have been a part of this amazing class. May this be tbe very best beginning to a very long road of endings this year. Here's to us, the Class of 2017, may it be the best year yet.