The Joy Of Giving

The Joy Of Giving

We should give joyfully as Christ did when He gave us the gift of salvation.

4
The Joy Of Giving
Humane Pursuits

As Christmas quickly approaches, everyone begins to plan for their family Christmas parties and buys a multitude of presents. This is a season where everyone is constantly in a rush. It seems like the focus of Christmas are presents. Although Christmas is technically about this, it is taken out of context. People will focus on the wrong aspect of Christmas.

This season is a season where we celebrate the birth of Jesus. Jesus came to this earth, and he died to save us from death ourselves. By dying on the cross, we are cancelled from all of our debts. Jesus came to this earth to give us the gift of salvation, and that is what Christmas is about.

With that being said, I think that we need to find joy in our giving this Christmas season. Many people focus on what they want to receive more than what they give. I have discovered that I love to give to others. It is genuinely a blessing to give to others and see them open the gift that you have given to them.

I think that not only should we give graciously to others this Christmas season, but we should give joyfully. I personally think that if we do not give with joy, then there is not much point in giving at all.

If you cannot spend lots of money on gifts, then there are definitely other ways you can give to others. If someone is going through a hard time, you can give them love and support. You can give a homeless person some food. You can assist someone in need of accomplishing a task. Simply putting others before yourself is a gift. When Jesus walked this earth, he always spent his time serving and giving to others.

This Christmas, we all should focus o being generous and joyful in our giving. In doing so, we are being more like Christ. This season, we should give someone the gift of always having the joy of the Lord and having a servant's heart. Christ died for us as a gift, so we should gift others with joy and grace.

"Then the people rejoiced because they had offered so willingly, for they made their offering to the Lord with a whole heart, and King David also rejoiced greatly." 1 Chronicles 29:9