The First Beef of 2017

The First Beef of 2017

It's only the beginning of the year, and it's a new beef.

21
The First Beef of 2017
E!

We are only in the first few weeks of 2017, and a beef in the music world has already taken place. Chris Brown, the multi-talented artist got into a confrontation with rapper Soulja Boy about a week ago. If you have no clue who Chris Brown is, search for his hit singles "Kiss Kiss" or "Run It!". Literally every girl was in love with him when they were in middle school, including me. If you don't know who Soulja Boy is, search "Crank Dat". Everybody would dance to his songs at the middle school dances, including me.

Chris Brown and Soulja Boy, like every person in the world, have their flaws and demons. We all know the situation with Brown and Rihanna, the constant visits to jail, the list goes on. Soulja Boy has done some crazy stuff too, such as going to jail, being sued by different people for his stage name, stupid beefs with other artists, and even being involved in a controversy with the U.S. Armed Forces. Everybody makes mistakes, that's obvious. These two men, being celebrities however, have all their business laid out for the world to see.

You're probably wondering how this beef started. The answer is Instagram. If you don't remember, Chris Brown was dating socialite Karreuche Tran, a woman who people also call Karate, Kellogg, Kamikaze, Kit Kat, the list goes on. A few days back, Soulja Boy commented on one of Tran's photos on Instagram. Chris Brown is still not over the fact Karreuche does not want him back, so he took offense to Soulja Boy commenting or liking Tran's picture. Soulja Boy made matters worse when he brought Royalty, Chris Brown's daughter into the mix.

Chris felt disrespected and picked a fight. This led to videos being posted by both Chris and Soulja Boy saying how they would challenge each other and just fight it out. The two men even got boxers Adrien Broner and Floyd Mayweather into the mix. Mayweather said he would be hosting the pay-per-view boxing match where Soulja Boy and Chris would be fighting to settle the matter.

What do you think? Chris Brown has been doing well for himself. He has hits after hits every year. Soulja Boy has been doing well for himself as well, but not so much. Did Soulja Boy start this just to get some spotlight on him? Did he really just want to be petty? Who will win the fight if their will actually be a fight?