The Competition In The Beauty Community Is Tough

Everyone wants to be a beauty influencer nowadays

29

Makeup is a huge industry. Everyone pretty much has heard terms like eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, etc. Like the entertainment industry, the beauty community can be rough and you have to have thick skin to be able to cope. Lesser-known beauty companies are always stealing ideas from better-known companies. The same can be said outside communities because everyone is always looking for the next best thing. With makeup artists, there is a fight for clients especially when they're trying to make it their full-time job. With people learning makeup, there is a pressure to get the perfect look on your face. People don't want to show their finished product unless they look like the photos on social media. Most of those photos are filtered and "touched up" anyway.

I've always respected those who are creative and use their face and body as a canvas for there own art. Those are those in the beauty community that should be revered rather than slandered. There is still a lot of judgment in the beauty community and that can be intimidating for a lot of people (myself included). Makeup moguls and artists like Jeffree Starr are those in the community that supports creativity and practice. He is big on supporting causes that support the arts and the LGBTQ+ community and that's a HUGE win in my book. Leaders, like him, in the community, can provide a confidence booster.

There is a lot of drama in the beauty community because of how tough the competition is. Social media is a great tool for those who want to showcase their talents in the makeup realm or to provide tips for skincare that some wouldn't think about doing. I've found tips that work wonders for my skin since I have combination sensitive skin whereas my family has mostly drier skin. Social media helps provide education for those looking to develop their skins in the beauty realm, but a lot of drama can be started by small things that seem insignificant to others. People, like Jeffree Starr, are sometimes in drama over things they've said or done but it escalates quicker because of their status.

If you don't have thick skin and are trying to get into the beauty community, you should consider toughening up because it can be brutal. The beauty community shows us that none of us are perfect, but we can become more attractive through applying cosmetics. Unfortunately, that is a big thing in the community, but It shouldn't be. I believe the beauty community should be about expressing yourself through the art of makeup and keeping your skin healthy through the right skincare routine. I don't wear as much makeup as I use to because I find that natural beauty is the way to go. If I want to have an extra boost of confidence then I will do a full face of makeup. If you are newer to the community, welcome and don't let us get you down because every skill level is loved and appreciated.