The Art Of Yard "Sale-ing"

The Art Of Yard "Sale-ing"

I bet you didn’t know there was another type of sailing

35
The Art Of Yard "Sale-ing"
Patch.com

In my household, "sale-ing" is a word used quite regularly. We define it is:

“Sale-ing”: Verb: You get up at 7 a.m. on a Saturday morning to search for good deals at a yard sale.

So here, my friends, is the art of "sale-ing."

1. Make a plan.

Scope out the yard sales online or in the newspaper. Plan which sales have stuff you are interested in looking at. If a sale seems to be a waste of time, don’t bother with it. Even though we will be getting up at 7 a.m., we will be planning our adventure at 11 p.m.

2. Early bird gets the worm and the deals.

Wake up early to get the good deals. If you’re not quite a morning person, it is perfectly acceptable to carry around your cup of coffee as long as it doesn’t hinder your yard sale capabilities.

3. Multi-Family yard sales are the best.

It’s like a one stop shop for the deals. You don’t have to drive around all morning, rather you can walk from yard sale to yard sale.

4. Drive by before you get out.

Make sure the sale is worth the stop. There are so many yard sales and so little time.

5.“Never pay full price!”

The words of one of my great friends. Bargain with the seller. They’re just trying to get rid of their junk. It’s always worth a shot. You can try to bundle items as well. If you’re lucky, they will bundle for you.

6. Stop at unplanned yard sales on the way home.

If you’re still on that yard-sale high, stop at other sales you see on the way home. Sometimes your best deals of the day come from these unscheduled yard sales.

There is no shame in a little "sale-ing." It's a fun, cheap Saturday morning. There's something for everyone whether you like to look for antiques, collectibles, clothing, decorations or good deals. Like they say, "One man's trash is another man's treasure." Happy "sale-ing!"