The 1975 Concert Experience

The 1975 Concert Experience

It's an incredible feeling to see one of your favorite bands live.

191
The 1975 Concert Experience
Julia Amato

Nothing is better than seeing one of your favorite bands live. I recently got to experience that feeling, again, on Halloween, when I saw The 1975. For those of you who don’t know who they are, The 1975 is a pop-rock band hailing from Cheshire. I highly recommend giving them a listen if you have not already.

I dropped $80 to see this band at Stage AE. Would I do it again? Absolutely. It was my first time seeing them, and it was the best concert I have ever been to. It was easily worth every penny.

As previously mentioned, I saw The 1975 at Stage AE in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and from the second I walked into the doors to get to the inside stage, I immediately found a place to stand. Luckily, I found a good spot on the platform just above the general standing area. I was just behind two other girls, and I could see the band perfectly. I felt anxious and excited as I waited through the opening act to hear The 1975 play live.

At about 8:30, The lights progressively got lower and lower and lower, and I could faintly hear the band's intro song from their latest album, then all of a sudden the lights came on, and they (and their whole crew) were dressed up as "Star Wars" characters and performed their first song of the night, which was "Love Me."

From the first strum of guitars to their lead singer's vocals, I knew that this concert was going to be great. The sound was amazing, the live performance was great and the visuals were absolutely stunning.

The lights, colors, and atmosphere were what really made this concert great for me. It was almost euphoric; I felt as if I was in my own little world, even though I was surrounded by people, and there were even more people below me on the floor. I cannot find the right words to describe this concert experience as a whole.

As cliche as this may be, I felt my connection to the band and their music increase as the show played on. During their songs "Change of Heart" and "This Must Be My Dream" I was tearing up watching them up there. During these songs, I realized how much this band meant to me, and how much their music has helped me, especially during recent times.

At times, I felt one with the crowd, but at other times, I felt as if I was the only fan in the venue. At this concert, I felt like I was my true self. I felt happy and beautiful while standing in the crowd. I felt invincible, and it was all because I was seeing one of my favorite bands.

I cannot thank The 1975 enough for putting on an amazing show. It will be extremely hard for another artist that I love to top this particular concert. It was beautiful, the band sounded great and they played about 20 songs, which was fantastic. I absolutely cannot wait for them to come back to Pittsburgh and for me to see another amazing show.