The 10 Times You Wanted To Quit College

The 10 Times You Wanted To Quit College

But didn't.

19
The 10 Times You Wanted To Quit College
Dana Heinemann/Fotolia

They always say that college is the best time of your life. No one told you that it's also the worst time of your life. There are so many reasons why you love the experience, but you can count just as many times that you hate it. But don't fret! Here are the 10 times you wanted to quit but didn't because even though your life sometimes feels out of control, you somehow manage to get through it and you won't be able to explain how, but you'll be so proud that you did.

1. The Book Lists
You’re not sure why your professors think you can read 40 books in one semester, the size of one of your textbooks could pass for an entire encyclopedia, and you most definitely didn’t think that you’d have to sell your car to pay for one semester’s worth of books.

2.The One Kid in Class Who Won’t Stop Talking
It’s already bad enough that you have to take the class as a graduation requirement, but when this kid loves to give their opinion about everything they do and don’t know, you’re going to lose it. Look, your professor already knows they didn’t do any of the readings. But the whole class is debating on whether to walk out of class, throw a textbook, or tell them to shut up.

3. The General Education Requirements
Why are you required to take two math classes when you’re a history major? You’ll never know. Even worse, if you have to take an English lit class when you thought you’d never have to read Shakespeare again. Get it over with!

4. The All Nighter
You thought it was all rainbows and daisies as long as there’s unlimited coffee and 3 am pizza delivery. You were wrong. The challenge now is getting through all your classes without dozing off. But congrats on getting your project done!

5. Midterms
You think this is bad, but it’s just a little taste of finals week. You’re constantly debating on whether you want to go out with your friends because they don’t have finals even though you do, or missing out because you know your grade is going to suffer if you don’t study. So many decisions to be made.

6. The Hungover Day
You probably got blackout drunk for your 21st, but because you have an attendance policy to fulfill and you already hit the limit for skips in a class, you have to make it dead or alive. Even the lights in your classroom are unbearable so sunglasses feel like the right idea. By the way, everyone can still smell the liquor on you.

7. Running into your One Night Stand
You were hoping that campus was big enough for the both of you to never see each other again, but as fate has it, you see them walking in your direction. As humiliating as it is, pull yourself together and say hi like nothing ever happened.

8. Getting Called On In Class
You’d think that if you avoid eye contact with your professor that they wouldn’t call on you to answer a question. Too bad they did, and too bad you didn’t pay attention or do the reading. Oops.

9.The Financial Aid Debt
You’re preparing yourself for paying off your debts for the rest of your life because college tuition fees are unbelievably high and there’s nothing you can do about it because you’re trying to secure your future with an undergraduate degree. And just wait until you have to pay for graduate school because the requirements for a job have become more impossible to achieve.

10. Finals Week
You know it’s finals week when everyone on campus avoids eye contact, looks worn out, cracked out on caffeine, and becomes really cranky when someone tries to converse with them. More all-nighters are in store for you because someone procrastinated and waited to do all their papers and studying on the last week, and you’d rather have a beer to drink your sorrows away than get the work done. Good luck.