A Thank You Letter To Coffee Because It's Really Just That Great

"You're probably the coolest thing since sliced bread, and I don't say that about just anything."

36

Hi Coffee,

I don't know if people tell you this enough, so I'm going to go ahead and let you know now. You're probably the coolest thing since sliced bread, and I don't say that about just anything. You're always there for me. OK, so sometimes you might be a bit overpriced, or not directly within reach, but you're still there for me. I mean, what else am I going to rely on when I'm staying up all night writing papers? What else is going to help me when my procrastination finally comes back to get me?

Nothing else, nothing else but you coffee. At least nothing else for this girl. But besides your practical (and slightly magical) ability to make me stay awake when I feel like I could 100 percent fall asleep at any given moment, you also taste pretty good. I mean, you come in about a thousand different flavors, which is a pretty big accomplishment if you ask me. You also come in a lot of different types and beans and plenty of other things that I honestly don't know too much about, but hey, whatever you're doing, it's working.

OK, so maybe I do have a small coffee problem, but you know what, I'm sure I'm not alone. I know plenty of college students practically living off of iced coffee and lattes. So hey, maybe you're really just that cool Coffee (and once again, also magical, very magical).

Also, as big of a thank you as I am giving you, I do have one small critique. Maybe tone down the price just a bit? I know what you're thinking, and it's probably something along the lines of "but I thought you just said I was magical, so I'm worth the cost right?" I know what I said, but still, we are broke college students, and a four or five dollar cup of magic with lots of ice and not a lot of that magic takes away from the magic just a bit, right?

Either way, you're still worth it (usually), and for that I want to say thank you again. I'm sure you're probably thinking that sounded like a nice compliment sandwich, but I promise it's not because overall coffee, you're perfect for me, and we both know that when it comes down to it, as long as I can afford you in the absolute slightest, I'll be grabbing an iced coffee any chance I get.

Also, I absolutely cannot wait for pumpkin spice season, just thought I'd throw that out there.

In any case, thanks for always being there for me and picking me up when I'm down and out, about to fall asleep but still needing to write that paper at the last minute, or when I just really want a nice cup of happiness. Love you, just thought I'd let you know.

With love,

Your biggest fan