Thanks, Ball State

Thanks, Ball State

It's been real.

74
https://www.bsu.edu/about/administrativeoffices/studentrights/policiesandprocedures/beneficence

For the last three and a half years, I have been at Ball State and in Muncie and have learned so much and met so many great people. In a month, I leave for Houston until just a few days before graduation so this is it for me and I felt compelled to say thank you to the university and the town that gave me so much.

To the university, who gave me the professors, good and bad, who have taught me how to be a great teacher, a great theatre person, and a better person. I learned so much about the theatre that I love and you all taught me what kind of teacher I want to be and how to get there. You've made me question my methods, taught me new ones, and showed me I could stand in front of a classroom full of teenagers by myself. That means so much to me.

To the friends I've found. Our chats are some of my favorite. I've always joked that I must give off a please-tell-me-your-life-story vibe, but truly I've enjoyed each and every one of your stories. Every dinner date, game night, study sessions, workday, and everything in between are memories I treasure.

To the family I've made. You have made my life so much brighter. Without you all, I wouldn't have survived. It's gotten tough, for sure, but it would've been much worse without you all and I can't thank you enough. You have shaped me into the woman I've become up to this point and I have to say I'm kinda living for her. Like, I'm an icon. So thanks for that.

To the wonderful people I've met in the city of Muncie. Thank you for welcoming me into your community with open arms. Thank you for letting me ask questions and be curious. Thank you for passing down some of your skills and wisdom. Thank you for the laughter and smiles and the vent sessions. You are all amazing and I hope for nothing but good things for all of you.

Thank you, Ball State.