Thankful for what was intended to ruin my family “not today satan”
popular

760

This year I am thankful for my family and how we never let the enemy in.

Growing up I've always heard everyone in my family say that God is the center of our family. I've never really thought about how much that really meant until my sophomore year. When my families whole world felt like it was crashing down. It was more than likely the worst day we as a family have ever experienced. The day my dad had to go to prison. We had to make an unfair decision that was nearly impossible to make. I remember feeling hurt and confused. I truly felt like everyone was out to get me and my family. Which technically they were it was unfair from the get go. But somehow this was all part of the plan.. I didn't see it then but there's that very thought that kept me sane, that God was right in the center. Through the storm he was in the mist of the chaos he never left us. In that moment I remember hugging onto my family so tight and praying continuously that no weapon formed against us shall prosper! I remember going outside to find my little brother in tears and in shock. How can you do this to a child? How can you do this to an entire family? Or attempt to hurt multiple families? I know how because satan is real and he is living in some people. He can manifest into anything and try his very best to beat you and your family down. But that's just the thing when you put God in the center Satan doesn't stand a chance. For the first year my dad was in prison me and my brother weren't allowed to see him. If this isn't a test to my faith in God then I'm not sure what is. Keep in mind this was probably the hardest time for me in general. High school is tough in general and especially moving to a huge school not knowing a single person and losing your dad in the middle of it is even harder. For anyone that knows me and my dads relationship we are so close. Perfect example as how a father and daughter should be! He taught me so much about sports and life and most importantly about the lord. As far as sports that's what we enjoyed doing together the most! Softball was my safe place all of my life it was always something I could fall back on. One of the hardest parts about ending that career was walking off of that field and not getting to hug the person who has coached me all of my life. I wish that my dad could've been there. We have had to all step up and take part in this family which I am so thankful for everyday. Because there's some adults that don't even figure out that family is truly the most important thing. Not the newest iPhone, newest car or even the nicest clothes. Those things are so insignificant to me. In a way I thank God for what has happened to me and my family. We wouldn't be where we are today if it wasn't for the trials. My advise to everyone that reads this is that the most important thing is to keep God in the center. Because I feel as if we are just one step closer to having him home for good. There's nothing that can break us apart as my moms shirt would say "not today Satan." Which is such a good reminder because in everything we do especially if you are close to the lord the devil will try to pry his way in and steal your joy. Moral to my story is that whatever you are going through may feel like the end of the world. But just know that you will get through it and it's only personal because it's purposeful.

Thank you,

God bless all of you!