What Am I Thankful For?

What Am I Thankful For?

Celebrate this holiday season by being thankful!

70
What Am I Thankful For?
National Geographic

It's almost Thanksgiving!

This year, I have a lot to be thankful for. I wanted to comprise a list of 5 things that I am thankful for.

1. My HUGE Family

First and foremost, I am thankful for all of the million family members I have. Okay, there aren't that many. But regardless, I was secretly blessed to come from a divorced family. Because my dad was able to remarry, I have 4 families. I have a wonderful family on my mom, dad, stepmother and boyfriend's sides. it might make the holidays a little hectic, but I feel comfort in knowing I have someone who loves me everywhere I turn,

2. My Body

If you know me or have read some of my past articles, you're probably laughing at your screen. I know that my body doesn't really run smoothly, but it is the reason I'm here so I can't be all complaints.

3. My School

Mount Aloysius has become another one of my many different homes. I am so thankful that I picked a small, student-focused school. I never feel alone or bored on campus. It will definitely be a place that I will always be thankful for.

4. My Friends

When I left my high school friends, I was nervous. I had stuck with the same group of girls for the last four years, and I didn't want to see it change. But we all knew the end of Friday night sleepover's at Lex's and taking funny snaps of Michaela at the lunch table were coming to an end. What I didn't know was that these wonderful girls would still make such an amazing effort to keep in touch and make me feel like I'm still a part of their lives.

I also got a ton of new, awesome friends at school that have helped me through some really tough times. They push me to work harder and they're always there to remind me that I can do it. Being sick constantly would probably make a much bigger impact on my schooling if I didn't have people to constantly help me out and make me feel better.

4. My Boyfriend

There isn't enough time to write how thankful I am for my partner in crime. From late night ice cream runs to Target adventures, you make even the most boring tasks seem fun. I am am overwhelmingly and unconditionally in love with you and everything that you do. You are better than anything I ever could have dreamed of.

5. My God

God has guided me through the last 18 years of my life without every giving up on me. He has provided everything that I need and showed me what I could gain from working for what I want. Through all of my hardships, I will always turn to God. I will never be able to overcome any of my trials without him, so I am extremely thankful for Him.

What are you thankful for? Remember, there is more to the holiday season than food and Black Friday deals. The holidays are a time to reflect on the things that made your year special. Hold your family and friends close, and remind them how thankful you are to have them!