Thank you The River.

Thank you The River.

I was afraid of the dark when I was a kid, but you guys kept me safe.

9016
Thank you The River.

Think back to 2003, it is 10 pm and you turn on 1075 the river. You hear Butter just talking away about his game called What's Down Butter's britches......... yes, he was my favorite and always will be..... But then fast forward to 2020 and your new favorite is some silly, funny guy named Zac. Radio has changed over the years but a few things will always remain the same....

1. The people behind the mics are real people, with real families and real feelings..... They may work 4-11 or 3-7 but after those hours; sometimes they are dads, moms or even paw fathers.... They have real feelings, and real lives behind those mics, and I am so thankful for that and who they truly are as humans. I use to go to high school with Savannah, and I will always remember her as the sweet soul that I always wanted to be best friends with, but my shy turtle shell lead me down a path of learning the hard way that I had to speak up, but she was always so kind. I Have learned so much from not just Savannah or Zac, but from the Nashville Kings of Comedy..... We can all learn a little something from each and every one who works at 1075, and for that I am forever grateful....

2. They all come from different walks of life, but end up in the same room as one family. It is a beautiful thing, and we should all experience sometime. Coming from different walks of life, and coming together as one gives me chills....... I feel like the world could use a little lesson from radio personalities.... They all come together with different opinions for the morning, but they know how to handle things in a mature adult way, and still somehow have fun...... The world needs more fo that, so I thank you 1075 for that lesson in being a decent human, and knowing that kindness goes a long way for the little acts you do.

3. Even if we do not agree with some of the things they say, we agree that in the moment we turn on that radio we are a way happier person than we were without the radio, so we can thank them for having the job that makes us happy. When they play your favorite jam, and you are stuck in traffic what is better than listening to the radio? Nothing, they make your stop and go traffic ways so mich better. So thank them more often, cause they love what they do yes but it feels nice to be loved.

4. We can all agree that what we think is easy work is not. Being a radio personality might seem easy, but I promise you there is more work than we all think. It may be the dream job, but every dream job has its work cut out for it. I hope everyone realizes what work they put into making us happy when they are the on the air for those couple hours. Cause I applaud them, big time.

1075 has always been my favorite radio station, and will forever hold special memories. I remember when I went to the lobby of the station a long time ago, and kept thinking I feel so cool. Now that Zac and I are best friends due to our share love of being adventourous and he is just the best..... do not worry, he is the best..... I always wanted to write a post saying my thanks to 1075 for putting a smile on my face since the age of 6...... Here is a little secret, I use to fall asleep to 1075 because I felt like it kept me safe...... So here is to 1075 for the countless memories, and for keeping me safe for so long.