Thank You, Odyssey, For Being An Eye-Opening Community

You've shown me a new perspective.

5

I first discovered Odyssey a number of years back, shortly after entering the English program at West Chester University. Another English major posted an article on Facebook. I don't remember the story, but I do remember thinking, "Wow, I'm in a good program. This writing is awesome." After scrolling through a few more stories on the website, another thought rolled through my brain: "I love writing, but I don't know if I'll ever be good enough for this..."

Sadly, I didn't apply to be an Odyssey writer. Instead, I focused on my studies for a couple of years.

Until one of my sorority Sisters joined Odyssey as a brand new English major... Her success and her stories inspired me to apply...finally.

And guess who became a Creator!

In the past year and a half or so that I've been writing with this crew I've learned more than I could imagine about my peers. Millennials might have a bad reputation, but we're some pretty motivated and stubborn people! We have a lot going on in our lives... pressure from society, studies, family issues, future careers, mental health, and general happiness with our lives. That s**t takes a lot of work! So come on Baby Boomers, give us some credit. We're doing the best we can!

But anyway, the West Chester University Community of Odyssey has given me a new perspective on the people in this world. I might not agree with all of you, but you've made me realize how the opposing team feels. I thank you for all the encouragement you've given me as well as the forgiveness for those times when my articles were a little late.

With that being said, I must bid farewell. I am launching my own freelance editing business this year and I need to put 1,000% focus on it. As much as I love Odyssey, I must part ways and dedicate that time to my editing. I have all the confidence in the world that the WCU community will thrive and grow to new heights. You are a group of beautiful writers and I wish you the best.

Farewell and good luck!