Why I Can't Wait to Get Back to Campus

I'm Ready For The Transition From Sunbathing To Student Life

I might be the only college student to admit they're ready to return to campus already, but that's fine by me.

10
https://www.pexels.com/photo/apple-check-computer-female-7079/

I'll start by admitting this: I am one of the only college students who will tell you they are more than ready to get back to campus and start their fall semester. Nowadays, it seems like everybody wishes for an endless summer, and just a year ago I did too. However, for some odd reason, the past few days, I've been itching to just get back to campus and pick up where I left off in May.

If you know me, you know I would consider myself a "homebody." Moving out of my house was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. As much as I would jump on an opportunity to visit my family on the weekends, I have to admit that I really did love the dorm lifestyle. Although, as soon as finals week came around, it seemed like the only thing that I wanted to do was get home to my parents and siblings (and my dog!). My thoughts throughout the study days and in between finals revolved around how badly I wanted to lay in my bed again, eat my mom and dad's home-cooked food, and see my friends from my hometown. There is nothing I love more than being at school and hanging out with my roommates, and as much fun as we have together, I was so ready to just get home.

I have always been one to love summer, especially traveling and spending time with the people I love the most. It seems like everything is better in the summer and life is more enjoyable. I am definitely a happier person thanks to the sunshine and warm weather, but this summer, I have come to realize that I am just happier at school than I am at home.

In college, I have become more schedule-oriented than ever before. I've just become so comfortable with my daily routine, that my "old" lifestyle seemed foreign. As someone working two jobs, one of which revolves around traveling, I've had to balance an ever-changing schedule. At school, I would be able to have every day planned out for the rest of the semester, but right now, I can hardly make plans with my friends for the weekend because I'm either at work or on the road.

I have also noticed that I'm actually missing going to classes and doing school work (though I'll probably look back at this article in December and regret writing that sentence). I loved my classes this year, and I'm excited to move further into my major's curriculum. Now that I've nearly fulfilled my gen-eds, I am genuinely excited to be back in lecture halls and take one step closer to graduation.

Even though I am dreading the all-nighters, intense studying, and the stressful workload, I'm ready to get back to the place I have come to know as my second home.

I've had a fantastic summer, but it's definitely true when they say, "all good things must come to an end."

See you soon, North Broad!