As college students, many of us can relate to running off coffee every day. However, there are telltale signs that you have went from a coffee lover to a coffee addict.
1. You schedule your life around it.Giphy
You have a schedule of coffee places to go to when to make it seem like you are mixing it up and also to save a little bit of money for future coffee purchases. For me, it is Starbucks on Tuesday and Thursday and Dunkin on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Saturday and Sunday's are flexible.
2. The baristas know your order.
They have your coffee ready before you even arrive because they know it by heart. Even when it is something as complicated as "One Pumpkin Latte with two pumps of pumpkin, light ice, no whipped cream, and two splashes of almond milk" because one isn't enough and you are "trying" to be dairy free.
3. You anticipate new flavor releases.Giphy
You make a trip to Dunkin or Starbucks on the day new flavors are released. Thank goodness for Instagram and their very informative updates that I cannot live without.
4. You coffee order is extra AF.
Even the employees judge you for your beyond basic coffee orders.
5. You buddy up with the employees at your favorite spots.Giphy
In addition to your order, the employees know your name and ask you when are you coming to their coffee shop for your daily fix.
6. It's rare for someone to see you without coffee.
Your friends ask you where the coffee is when you don't have one.
7. You are at coffee shops more than you are at home.Giphy
You practically live at Dunkin' or Starbucks and could probably change your address to the location.
8. You have no sense of time when it comes to coffee.
You get a coffee at 10 pm when you don't even need one. For instance, I am drinking a coffee as I am writing this.
9. You earn the right to do whatever you want at your frequent spots.Giphy
You are being loud and the employees don't even get phased but customers who aren't regulars do.
10. Everyone knows what to gift you.
You get overexcited about receiving a gift card to your favorite coffee place over the holidays.
11. You sometimes forget you don't live in your favorite coffee shop.Giphy
You get kicked out of Dunkin' or Starbucks when you are there until closing.
12. You'll never be reported missing.
Your friends know that they can just find you at the nearest Starbucks and Dunkin'.
13. You start to know the baristas more than your own friends.Giphy
You are having way more interactions with your baristas than with your friends.
14. You should really consider applying to get discounts.
People say you could work at a coffee shop but you don't want your vibe to get ruined. Plus you wouldn't be able to sip on your coffee 24/7 while working which obviously would be a problem.
15. You have withdrawal symptoms when you don't have it.Giphy
You get a headache overtime you don't have at least one coffee per day.
16. You become a coffee expert.
You can tell the difference in the quality of the coffee and ask for more milk or flavor.
17. You develop an extremely high caffeine tolerance.Giphy
After a while, coffee doesn't affect you anymore.
18. You can out-drink anybody.
You drink coffee like it is water.
19. But you always have to pee.Giphy
You have to pee all the time - but you get used to it and accept it.
20. You become kind of a coffee snob.
When people say their favorite drink is a Frappuccino and all you can do is roll your eyes because that is not the real deal. I would know.
21. You need it to function.Giphy
You think you forgot something and then realize that you haven't had your coffee yet.
22. It is an essential part of your diet.
You consider coffee a food group.
23. You really consider moving close to a coffee shop.Giphy
Everyone tells you to take up residence in or around the nearest coffee shop.
24. You have un-assigned assigned seats in your favorite shops.
You have a particular spot in each coffee shop and you get offended and insulted when someone else takes your spot.
25. You could practically recite the menus.Giphy
And you know exactly how each drink is made because you there so often.
26. You become mildly concerned about your addiction sometimes.
You realize Coffee Lovers Anonymous should be a thing ASAP.
At the end of the day, there are worse things to be addicted to than coffee, so drink away!