Tears Are A Part Of Growing Up

Tears Are A Part Of Growing Up

Cry if you need it.

88
Tears Are A Part Of Growing Up
wallcoo.net

We all have had our fair share of crying sessions in life, yet sometimes we feel ashamed of crying. Why? That's a little question I've always asked myself. Was it because I felt bad? Or maybe because I'm not supposed to cry due to my age. I'll never really know, but there is one thing I can definitely stand by. Tears are part of growing up.

Since we were little toddlers running around, we have thrown one or two (or thousands) of tantrums. As we got older, these tears turned from being caused by anger to mostly caused by joy or sadness. I know, personally, I have had my fair share of both. One thing is for sure. Each crying session has helped me feel a little bit better.

Now, you may be asking yourself why I'm talking about crying at all. Well, to answer that, look at today's society. People are afraid most of the time to talk about emotions or feelings in fear of being judged. This is pretty typical especially among teens and college students. I almost never cry, but when I do it is primarily out of pure frustration or anxiety. Either way, it sucks.

There are so many ways in which tears are part of growing up. For one, you learn when tears can actually be a form of stress relief. Also, they can be used as a coping mechanism for rough times. A good cry is never out of the question for anyone. Believe me, I know what its like to need a good cry every now and then.

Overall, there are so many reasons on how tears have helped each of us grow up, so never be ashamed if you want to take a moment and let the waterworks happen.