Taylor Swifts "Miss Americana" is truly iconic

Taylor Swift gives you a glance into her world and what she endured in it the past 13 years

20
Photo by Enrique Caro

Miss Americana

The new Taylor Swift documentary captures another side of her, one that the media and people don't ever talk about. It was an excellent film in which you really get a feel at how much hate and criticism she has endured and still has been able to come out on top. Its a glance into how Taylor Swift the famous singer-songwriter is also just a human being like the rest of us, and we often tend to forget that she has feelings too.

I have always been a fan of Taylor Swift. I remember asking my parents to buy me her second studio album at Walmart the day I discovered her. I hadn't realized that she had released a debut album, because at the time I thought all the songs that I was listening to were all on the same album. I mean I was only nine years old so back then was a different time.

I began listening to her music because I enjoyed the catchy melody of her songs and the hooks were always so catchy. Flashback to today, I still listen to her music because I have grown up with it, and her amazing lyricism speaks to me. And this is exactly what that film entitled. It begins with her on the piano composing a song off of her recently released album "Lover." Throughout the whole documentary, it displays her work ethic in the studio, writing and singing and really giving us a behind the scenes of her music.

The film also focuses on different aspects of her life and lets us in on a lot. It explains the way she felt when the 2009 VMA incident happened and how she thought the audience was booing her onstage. It also briefly talks about the 2016 incident where she was basically canceled for lying about the Kanye West lyrics in his "famous" song. If you really think about it, Taylor Swift has endured so much hate over her career and it's really tiring to see that the hate train never ends.

Swift also tackles much bigger issues when she explains the sexual assault case she was in, and how she counter-sued a DJ who groped her. She also explains how heavy and hard it is to see her Mother have cancer and how mama Swift has managed.

It also focuses on politics and how she backed a Democratic candidate for the Senate in Tennessee because it was what she believed in. She never really gave her opinion about politics and this was so beautiful to watch because she stood her ground and didn't take her teams' advice on not talking about politics.

The film was beautiful and let us experience the journey that one of the biggest artists in this world has lived. Thank you, Taylor, it was excellent.