New Taylor Swift Music April 2019

If you are a true "Swiftie" like me, you have been with Taylor Swift through each stage of her multi-million dollar career. From her country days to her pop phase, and even to her "darker" reputation era, I have always been one of those fans that has her music on repeat.

I remember trying to get tickets to her sold out concerts since her "Fearless" album in 2008, but after failing multiple times, I finally figured out how to unlock presale codes for her last two tours. I was lucky enough to see her summer of 2015 during her "1989 World Tour," and again the summer of 2018 during the "Reputation World Tour." While I have been to a whole bunch of concerts, nothing has topped Taylor Swift's shows.

With the anticipation building for her big announcement on April 26th, it has me thinking about what phase could be next, based on her albums from the past.

2006: "Taylor Swift"

First Album

Starting at the ripe age of 14, Taylor left Pennsylvania and headed south to Music City to start her music career. Nashville is quite the country music hub, so it was only fitting to live out her "wildest dreams" where country music fills the streets, bars, and restaurants at every corner. Her self titled album climbed charts and her dream of becoming a country artist started to come true. Little did she (or the listeners!) know where this album would guide her years to come

2008: Fearless

Grammys

Now, this is when I reeeeallly started getting into Taylor Swift...and when I refreshed TicketMaster at least 30 times just hoping a seat would open up in the soldout arena. This album — her first number one album at that — has so many classic goodies on it. For instance, "You Belong with Me" has always been a favorite of mine, as well as "Love Story" and "Forever and Always." Obviously, others agreed, as "Fearless" also led her to the Grammy stage. Here, she won her first Grammy for not only Album of the Year, but also Country Album of the Year!

2010: Speak Now

Speak Now

Being her third album, at this point, Taylor really has her foot in the door with the music business. In 2012, she was only 23 and continued to add to her Grammy collection with "Speak Now." A record filled with slow songs, pop songs, country songs, and love songs, she began to venture into more sides of herself and expanded her songwriting journey. This kept fans coming back for more as she performed yet another sold out stadium tour!

2012: Red

22

Country Taylor is now transitioning into pop Taylor as upbeat, fun songs like "22" and "We are Never Ever Getting Back Together" soared to the top of the charts after they were blasted from teenagers' cars' on repeat on a daily basis! In fact, it was even reported that two albums were sold every second. Taylor's good friend, Ed Sheeran, even made an appearance on the album during the emotional song, "Everything Has Changed."

2014: 1989

Shake it Off

Finally! A tour I got tickets to!! This time, Taylor decided to "shake off" all the haters and produce an album 100% pop, leaving her country days behind her. Although a change from her "normal" music, fans really enjoyed this new sense of "style." The 1989 concert was truly one of the best nights of my life. The way she interacted with the crowd, not only through song but also with our light up bracelets. The bracelets were a touch that no other performer, that I have seen, has done. My love for Taylor not only musically, but as a person, grew after seeing her that hot summer night on Chicago's lakefront.

2017: reputation

reputation

Are you "...ready for it?" Snakes, smoke, and all things black and white came alive for this tour as Taylor changed the "end game" completely! Some fans were not happy with this change, but even then, this album climbed the charts and sold out even more stadiums worldwide than ever before.

2019: __________?

4.26

The empowering songs left fans wanting more...and that's what we're getting on April 26th. Taylor has been hinting towards new music on her Instagram since February when she "changed her theme" from dark and emotional like her reputation album, to bright and colorful, like her predicted new album.

May the countdowns begin to a new era of Taylor, another world tour, and even more life-changing songs coming from the Queen herself.

Amanda Brennan

Amanda Brennan