19 Thoughts That Definitely Went Through Your Head When You Pulled An All-Nighter This Finals Season
"This is my life now"
All-nighters. If you're a college student (or really anyone who's a practitioner of procrastination) you're very familiar with this term. Often associated with long nights studying or writing in the library with coffee and/or five-hour energy drinks by our side, all-nighters are meant to increase productivity and help us get stuff done on time. Usually, they just succeed in making students even more tired.
This finals season was a hard one for many, including myself, and I know pulling an all-nighter was sometimes necessary (for me it was for writing a political science essay I hadn't even thought about until the day before it was due). So, as we close out this final season (or are just getting started), here are some things you may have thought, or will be thinking when that dreaded night comes to pass.
1. "I need coffee."
Thank goodness Starbucks is right here. (just don't think about the fact that they close soon)
2. "I want to go to bed."
Sleep is for the weak, right?
3. "When will this end?"
Just a few more hours to go...
4. "God this book is long."
We love unfinished school assignments.
5. "I just want to sleep."
When will I not think about sleep tonight?
6. *calculates how much taking an L on this assignment will hurt my grade*
I'll do math for this, but not my math homework.
7. "I need another coffee."
After finding out that taking an L on this assignment will in fact hurt your grade significantly. (Thank goodness Starbucks is still open)
8. "By _____ time I shall be done."
Of course, you never are.
9. *thinks about how much work I have to do afterwards*
10. "The most powerful woman in the room is me!"
11. "Never mind I can't do this."
12. "Did I finish that cup of coffee already?"
The library Starbucks is definitely closed at this point.
13. "This is life now."
This will never be over.
14. "What if I take a break to watch Game of Thrones?"
Morning is coming...
15. "Did we even learn this in class?"
Answer: "No, no we did not."
"Ok maybe we did and I just wasn't paying attention."
16. "I never want to see the inside of a library again."
I mean I do, just not anytime in the near future.
17. "Hallelujah I'm done!...I think."
Yes, I did it!"
18. "This is why I don't pull all-nighters."
I am never doing this again!
19. *proceeds to pull another all-nighter*
It'll be better this time, right?
At least the end is in sight! I believe in you, you've got this! And after all the finals are done, you can finally rest.