"You work all weekend, how are you complaining you don't have money?"
Are you in college? Are you sick of your friends and family members bombarding you with questions about your future? About your GPA? About your love life?
Me too. Join the club of 20, petty and crying, before you're 30, Flirty and Thriving.
1. "OMG, you're only taking four courses? I used to take seven!"
Okay, cool, we get it. You can handle an extremely vigorous course load. But then again, there are some of us taking two labs a semester, so four classes are all we can mentally handle. Carry on.
3. "Do you have an internship lined up yet? Are you taking summer courses?"
How about you let me get through this semester before you start grilling me about my near future? Thanks.
4. "Oh wow, you really filled out, didn't you...?"
YES! Thank you for noticing, it's called... STRESS. EATING. Also, eating late night drunken mac n' cheese with my besties. Not ashamed of it.
5. "You're always on your laptop, you must be really ahead on your homework, huh?"
NOPE. Sorry, Mom, hate to break it to ya.. but there's this thing called Netflix, and it consumes my life.
6. "How's your GPA this semester?"
Excuse you, I'm currently balancing friends, family, a job, my bank account, social outings on the weekend, cardio and doing laundry, and you have the audacity to ask about my grades?
7. "So what did you learn in class today? Anything fun?"
Some days I learn some pretty cool stuff, but some days I also DO NOT want to recite my entire lecture to you. 1. Because it'll bore you to tears. 2. I have to study it later, and right now, I just need a break from thinking.
8. "What do you mean you failed your test? I watched you study all week!"
Yeah, I may have studied all week, but I swear we didn't learn HALF the things on the exam!
9. "Do you have a boyfriend? Why don't you go on a date? Oh, I will help you find someone!"
I can barely take care of myself right now and you think I have time to allow someone to get to know me? You expect them to love my crazy tendencies? HA, I'm an emotional wreck.