Now that the holidays are over, take some time to at least read one of these motivational books and you'll start the new year off on the right mindset.
A few years ago for Christmas my mom bought me "The Happiness Advantage" by Shawn Achor. I didn't really read it until a few months later when I had run out of books to read for leisure and a professor of mine had advised reading it. After reading it I was really moved, and motivated, to make changes in my life and gain the advantage of happiness in my life. I realized that yes, I was happy in life, but not to the full extent that I could be.
If you want to start the new year off right (without those ridiculous resolutions) try reading one of these top motivational books. It will put you in a phenomenal mindset to start the year off right.
1. "Before Happiness" by Shawn Achor
2. "The Happiness Advantage" by Shawn Achor
3. "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill
4. "Girl, Wash Your Face" by Rachel Hollis
5. "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up" by Marie Kondo
6. "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck" by Mark Manson
7. "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" by Stephen Covey
8. "Eat Move Sleep" by Tom Rath
9. "Happier" by Tal Ben-Shahar