Swords, Sci-fi, and Sanic

Swords, Sci-fi, and Sanic

You should do some role playing

14
Swords, Sci-fi, and Sanic
Public Domain

So Nguvu (my super strong hyena character) and his friends Speedy (the Ostrich) and Tails (of Sonic the Hedgehog fame) were trying to rescue Sonic from a group of mercenary animals when one of the other players forgot that he had class. So we had to end it right then and there. Role playing games have a tendency to do that.

So I touched upon this on my first article but seeing that that was written well almost two years ago, I think you guys could do with a reminder on what that is. A role playing game is a much more organized game of pretend. You, the player, create and take the role of a character who interacts in a fictional setting.

I was first introduced to role playing when my dad bought me the 4th edition red box Dungeons and Dragons setting during my freshman year of high school. The beautifully rendered art and the amazing adventures sucked me in as soon as I opened the box. I have been role playing ever since.

Fast forward to my junior year of college. I have taken part in several games since then; mostly Dungeons and Dragons and Pathfinder, but I have developed into other games as well. role playing games, like everything I get my grubby little hands on.

I encourage everyone to at least try role playing at least once or twice. It is a great way to let your imagination run wild and have fun with friends (heck, even family)! Right now I have a flash drive full of RPG material and after this article I am going to work on my winter Dungeons and Dragons campaign!

Good evening and good gaming people.