Surgery Never Looked so Good

Surgery Never Looked so Good

Alex Karev is the best male character on Grey's Anatomy and here's why...

27
Surgery Never Looked so Good
http://greysanatomy.wikia.com/

If you're familiar with ABC's Grey's Anatomy, you know that Alex Karev has been a fan favorite since the very beginning. Although we have had McDreamy (Derek Shepherd), McSteamy (Mark Sloan), Jackson Avery and George O'Malley, Dr. Karev has had the most captivating story line. FUN FACT: Alex Karev was NOT an original character in the series and he was actually written in while filming. The producer and writer, Shonda Rhimes realized George O'Malley needed a male companion (even though they didn't get along very well throughout the series) and thus, the beloved Alex Karev was born. Imagine if he didn't exist? What would Grey's Anatomy be like without the smart, hot and mysterious, Alex?

Alex Karev, played by Justin Chambers is the best male character on Grey's Anatomy and here's why:

1. He is the only original male intern left on the show.

Besides Meredith, Alex is the only original intern left on the show. With George's death and Izzie and Cristina's departure from the show, Alex and Meredith have become main characters. When viewers first saw Dr. Karev, we didn't know what to think because he was depicted as a conceited jerk. After a while, it was very easy to fall in love with him.

2. He is H-O-T, HOT!

We can't ignore this. Justin Chambers is EXTREMELY good looking. We are blessed to be able to see his beauty and phenomenal acting skills on screen. With his dark hair, sparkling eyes and sexy smirk, it's no wonder her was cast as the medical Casanova.

3. HE CHOSE PEDIATRICS

What's better than a hot male doctor? A HOT MALE DOCTOR WHO IS GOOD WITH CHILDREN!

SPOILER: Yes, ladies and gentleman, Dr.Karev chose pediatrics as his specialty and we couldn't be more in love. Even though he was in denial at first, it's clear that helping children is his passion. Going on season 13 now, it's clear to us viewers and Alex that his choice was the best one he could've made.

4. He has a sensitive side for the wrong women.

Although it sounds like a con to this character, Alex's horrible relationship history is actually something that makes him even more interesting. He has had relationships with so many women on this show that it's hard to keep track of them all, but one thing that's always been proven is that HE IS NOT GOOD AT PICKIN' EM. Every women he has been with has either been sick with a terminal illness, stolen his job, fallen for someone else, or has been completely and 100% NUTS. Although we are all so ready for this hunk of a surgeon to settle down, his love stories have got to be the best ones on the show.

5. His character has shown the most personal growth.

Alex Karev had a tough childhood and was forced to transition into adulthood WAY too early. With his father leaving him and his siblings at a young age and with being a troubled foster child, Alex Karev didn't exactly have an easy life. He wasn't the nicest guy in season one either. Remember when he tormented Izzie? He was hard to get along with, opened his mouth when it wasn't necessary and was the typical d-bag, ladies man. His character did change tremendously throughout the show thus far though. He has given up the "bad boy" attitude and has become very optimistic. He even gave his father another chance which was a huge part of Alex's past that he was able to overcome. Not only is he caring and kind to his patients, but he has become a great friend (Meredith's person even) as well. His character started off as an immature jerk to blossoming into a wonderful doctor and man.

Alex Karev may actually be the real star of Grey's. Thank you Shonda Rhimes for giving us and not killing off such a wonderful character. Also, a big thank you to Justin Chambers for portraying Alex Karev so perfectly. Season 13... HERE WE COME.