Superbrain Yoga: An Exercise That Makes You Smarter

Improving health, enhancing memory, and balancing emotions.

901
res.cloudinary.com

Did you know there is a yoga move that you can do each day to make you smarter?

That's right. It's called thoppukaranam, or "Superbrain Yoga," and has become quite the trend among doctors, teachers, and parents. Less than five minutes a day devoted to this exercise can significantly benefit you, because it maximizes the body's use of energy.

Here's how to do it:

Step 1: Remove all jewelry. Preferably face East.

Step 2: Press your tongue against the roof of your mouth and keep it there for the whole exercise.

Step 3: Raise your left arm and cross it over your body. Bend your elbow and hold your right earlobe. Make sure the thumb is on the front of the ear and the two fingers on the back.

Step 4: Do the same with your right arm and your left earlobe. Your right arm will cross over the left. *It is important to do the left arm first.

Step 5: Inhale deeply through your nose and simultaneously squat down to a sitting position. Try to go down to floor level if you can. Hold the squatting position for three seconds.

Step 6: Exhale slowly as you rise to a standing position.

Step 7: Repeat this cycle 14 times. Inhale as you go down and exhale as you go up.

You may be thinking: How does this work? Based on the research of neurologist Dr. Paul Nogier MD, Superbrain Yoga uses acupuncture points to connect the left and right hemispheres of the brain.

The right earlobe corresponds to the left brain hemisphere. The left earlobe corresponds to the right brain hemisphere. By stimulating the two, a connection forms and activates brain cells.

According to the book "Superbrain Yoga ®" by Master Choa Kok Sui,
"when energies from the basic energy center and sex energy center move up to the heart energy center, they are transformed into inner peace. When the energies go up to the throat energy center and the ajna energy center, they are transformed into greater intelligence and creativity. When they go up to the forehead energy center and crown energy center, they are transformed into a higher degree of spirituality. The lower energies are transformed into subtle energy, which is utilized by the brain to enhance its proper functioning."

Start by doing it each morning and soon Superbrain Yoga will become a daily habit. A habit that improves mental capability, improves the functioning of your physical body and its organs, and improves total energy levels. It has been proven to help especially with children with ADHD, Dyslexia, Autism, and other disorders by increasing academic and behavioral performance. Some people also experience reduced levels of stress and better regulation of sex drive.

The results have been empirically proven by professionals. Superbrain Yoga balances emotions, enhances focus, and improves memory and intelligence. So after prolonged practice, the practitioner comes out smarter and more physically and psychologically healthy.

Why would you not want to try it?