Super Bowl 50: The Year Of Number 18

Super Bowl 50: The Year Of Number 18

6
Super Bowl 50: The Year Of Number 18
Yahoo!

February 7 could go down in NFL history as a monumental day. With Super Bowl 50 coming up this week, people are trying to decide who they want to win this coming Sunday. It has all come down to two great teams, the AFC Championship team, the Denver Broncos, versus the NCF Championship team, the Carolina Panthers. However, one person in particular will cause everyone to think twice before rooting for the Carolina Panthers, that is the Broncos' quarterback, Peyton Manning.

Manning, formerly known as the quarterback for the Indianapolis Colts, led the Colts to a Super Bowl 41 victory back in 2007. Now, nine years later, Manning, 39, the oldest quarterback ever in NFL history to go to the Super Bowl is preparing to break another record, for being the oldest quarterback ever to win a Super Bowl. As Manning spends this coming week preparing for his fourth Super Bowl appearances, this year being his second appearance with the Denver Broncos, something else is on his mind.

Over the past few weeks, the media has been buzzing about Peyton Manning and whether he will retire after this season. After the Denver Broncos' win over the New England Patriots for the AFC Championship, it is becoming clearer that this truly could be Manning's final NFL season. That being said, as an Indianapolis Colts fan, I want to see Manning finish on top, with a final Super Bowl win.

Peyton Manning is one of the best NFL quarterbacks of all time. Although this argument could be debated by the number of Super Bowl appearances, touchdown passes, yards thrown, and other statists by other quarterbacks. The type of leader that Peyton Manning is stands up against the rest.

Peyton Manning is the type of leader who rallies a city together. Between his work for St. Vincent Children's Hospital that is named after him in Indianapolis; to the work him and his brother, Eli, did after Hurricane Katrina in their home state of Louisiana. Manning is a well known humanitarian as well as a well-beloved quarterback by many people across the country.

So, here we are, only a matter of days away from Super Bowl 50. You must choose who you want to see walk away with the NFL championship. However, before you think about choosing the Carolina Panthers, who by most sports analysis have the better possibility of winning. Think back to Peyton Manning, not only who he is as a quarterback, but also as a person. Peyton Manning and the Manning family stand for so much in NFL history, it would only be right to see a wonderful guy like Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos finish on top. As it could quite possibly be Peyton Manning's final season in the NFL.