Sunday As Defined By Every College Student Ever

Is Sunday really deserving of the motto "Sunday funday"?

288
Flickr

Waking up:

You first wake up at an absurdly early hour. Before even checking your alarm clock, you frantically flail around looking for ice-cold water. You realize there is no water waiting for you at your nightstand table and debate if it's worth the energy to grab a glass from the kitchen. After about a total of three minutes, you decide you're too lazy, shrug, and close your eyes.

A few hours later, your eyes slowly blink open. Bright light floods into your room and your only thought is, "well, shit, I guess today really has to start". You notice your mouth is oddly dry while you remember and regret your decision to not get water earlier. You feel like death, yet you have a sudden burst of positivity. You got this; you know you do. You hop out of bed and without second-guessing yourself, you toast that bagel you promised yourself you wouldn't dare eat and opt for some coffee. 'Cause what doesn't the dynamic duo of carbs and coffee cure?

Afternoon:

The afternoon is a time to make some very tough decisions. Will you go to brunch, will you workout or will you get some homework done? Ha! As if. No way are you getting homework done right now. The thought of exercising quickly passes you by too. Cardio? You'd die. Now that you really start to think about it, leaving bed to go to brunch sounds pretty miserable too. You go back and forth thinking if you should or shouldn't go. You're excited to hear about everyone's crazy stories from this weekend, but ugh, the thought of putting on jeans and attempting to look decent just sounds unbearable. You send an apology text in your group chat explaining that you won't make it today. And they most likely respond, "same sorry def another time!" Even though you deep down know these Sunday brunches will forever have to be rescheduled. Since studying is still totally out of the question, you grab your laptop and binge watch your favorite show on Netflix.

Sundown:

You peep out your window to find the sun setting. You admire the beautiful sky for a hot sec, but suddenly anxiety takes over. CRAP, you still haven't done any homework. After freaking out to everyone in sight about how much reading you have to do, and maybe after even shedding a tear or two, you get your shit together. "You got this", you tell yourself. You shove your books into your backpack and head to a quiet place. You silence your phone and flip it over, promising not to check it. Coffee in hand, you're in full-on grind mode now (again, coffee is every college kid's lifeline). You take a deep breath as you mentally prepare yourself for the hours of agony (I mean studying) you're about to endure.

What should be way past your bedtime:

Finally, you're headed off to bed. A great sense of relief fulfills you as your head hits the pillow. Right before you drift off to sleep, you promise yourself you won’t let this happen again. That you will be more productive next Sunday. But really? Will you?