9 Easy Summer Recipes That Won’t Sacrifice Your Hard-Earned Summer Bod

Let's get cooking!

146
Daria Shevtsova

Summer. Is. Here. I have been waiting to say those words for so long, and now this dream has finally become a reality. Summertime is full of friends, adventures, and good food, but sometimes that good food isn’t necessarily the most helpful with maintaining that summer bod you’ve been working so hard to achieve. Whether you are at home with family this summer or maybe living away from home for an internship like me, these are dishes that you will not regret adding to your summer dish repertoire. They’re hearty, healthy, refreshing, and delicious and you won’t be able to get enough of them.

1. Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad

This is an Italian twist on a classic burrito bowl. It’s a tasty blend of corn, avocado, beans, pasta, and more. If you’re looking for a hearty meal with refreshing summery ingredients, then look no further.

2. Smoothie Bowls

Ok, so I’ve heard about these for so long but have never actually looked up the recipe or tried one. All you need to do is blend up your favorite smoothie, pour it into a bowl, and then sprinkle your favorite fruits, seeds, and nuts on top. This is a must for your summertime breakfasts!

3. Tomato and Basil Pasta

I am convinced that this recipe actually takes the cake for its simplicity. All you need is to cook up some pasta and add in tomatoes, basil, and other ingredients for taste. This is light enough to be a good dish for lunch but can also be a great meal for dinner, especially if you toss in some grilled chicken.

4. Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Wraps

What I love about this recipe is that you get to use cream cheese! They recommend using vegan cream cheese which has 0 grams of cholesterol compared to the 35 mg in a normal tub of cream cheese. You can make a big tortilla roll of these and cut them up to have for lunch for a few days.

5. Watermelon Fruit Salad

Step 1, cut up a watermelon into small chunks. Step 2, toss in some berries. Step 3, enjoy.

6. Caprese Garlic Bread

The inner Italian in me is literally jumping for joy right now. One of my favorite sandwiches to get at Starbucks is the Chicken Caprese Panini, and this is a fun version of that same sandwich. 10/10 recommend.

7. Frozen Chocolate-Covered Bananas with Fruit Bits

Bananas are good, but bananas with chocolate are even better! This recipe dips bananas in chocolate and sprinkles them with tiny cut up strawberries. Pop ‘em in the freezer and enjoy while you sit outside taking in those beautiful summer sunsets and cool breeze.

8. Avocado, Strawberry, Spinach Salad

Salads are great until you start adding ingredients, especially dressing, which completely diminish its healthy qualities. This simple salad would be great as the main dish or the side to another meal and would pair really well with some nice balsamic dressing. Dig in!

9. Marinated Grilled Summer Veggies and Sausage

I love Italian sausage so there’s no doubt that I’ll be making this recipe at least once a week this summer. The great part about this recipe is that you can add in your favorite vegetables. Feel free to experiment with this one, because I know this will be a staple on your dinner table.