10 Things Students Who Stay Over Break Know About College Station

I think I actually just saw a tumbleweed, I could be wrong though.

286
Google Maps

College Station, population: way too many.

With everyone home for the break, College Station is an actual ghost town. I'm not even kidding -- A tumbleweed rolled through my complex as I wrote this (ok not literally but you know).

For those of us who have to stay behind this holiday break, it becomes a completely different town.

Here are the 10 things anyone who stays here knows to be true about College Station over winter break:

1. You can get to campus in under 5 minutes.

No seriously, 2818 is actually meant to move quickly and without constant brake lights.

2. Your Favor won't take an hour to get to you.

You can get food delivered in under 30 minutes! Considering this town really isn't that big, this should be normal. But when College Station is busy, good lordy. Ordering food can take like an hour and a half to travel 5 miles!

3. You can actually park in front of your house.

Living in a complex is totally amazing - except the fact they only plan parking for 1/3 of their residents which results in you walking a quarter of a mile from your car to your house. This usually only happens when it's pouring down rain, though.

4. There's no line in the MSC Starbucks.

I actually ran in and grabbed a quick coffee on my way to work today... I know, unheard of!!

5. You can sleep through the night without Sam from Phi Apple Beta throwing a rager next door.

No seriously, how it is even possible to be that drunk on a Monday night during finals week. I'm actually amazed. I barely have enough time to sleep, let alone throw a rager.

6. The gym is actually empty for once.

You can actually get a full workout in without having to stop for someone to get off their phone long enough to realize you're waiting on them. Seriously, I never realized how much time I spent at the gym waiting for equipment to be free.

7. H-E-B doesn't make you want to pull your hair out.

There aren't dozens of college kids with no idea where anything is running around hitting you with their carts. You can run in and out in under 5 minutes instead of an hour later.

8. It's eerily quiet.

No like seriously, I'm pretty sure I can hear the world's smallest violin out here.

9. Anytime you hear any sort of noise at night, you might as well die now.

You're pretty much alone in a ghost town apartment complex and you hear a loud bang? WELP, it's over.

10. The cop-to-car ratio becomes a little much.

How many motorcycle cops could one small town seriously need??