Stranger Things and Why You Should Check it Out

Five reasons to fall in love with this dose of nostalgia

20
blog.nelsoncash.com

In a summer of robots, monsters, and lots of Anime for me, it was nice to find a live action show I could actually sit down and just watch. But I didn't expect to become so attached...

Introducing: Stranger Things. The Netflix Phenomenon I finished in exactly 1 day. I tend to not binge live action shows and I expected this show to be too scary for me to do more than one episode. But this show is engaging, nostalgic and just GREAT!

Here are the 5 reasons I have come up with to watch Stranger Things.

1. It’s spooky- But there aren’t very many jump scares so it isn’t terrifying. I can’t do shows with jump scares. This one really wasn’t like that. It was more of a psychological thriller. It makes you think.
  2. The characters- OH MY GOODNESS. The characters in ST are so well-developed. The relationships are so real and the amazing part is it is done primarily by the child actors. You can tell that what they are showing you on the screen is believable.
  3. The 80’s Nostalgia- this show brings you back to the 1980's sci-fi movies such as The Goonies, ET and any of those other classics. The modern twist is there too so audiences can connect. But the clothing, music and overall vibe is unmistakably 80’s.
  4. The pure, pure romance- While there are more adult relationships in this show, the adorable romance between the lead male and female characters Eleven and Mike Wheeler is what sold the show for me. They are kids (12-13 years old), falling in love the way kids do. Best friends who never want to be apart. There’s nothing else on their minds but being together as much as possible. They don’t need to say “I love you” to show how they feel. That is a true romance right there. A pure fluffy relationship based on mutual caring and trust.
  5. IT IS AMAZING- that’s it. That’s the biggest reason. Why else watch it? This craze is sweeping everyone with access to Netflix. I recommend it for anyone and everyone. It only took me a day and it was the best day yet.

Now go, fly, AND WATCH THIS SHOW RIGHT NOW. I cannot wait for season two!!