5 Ways To Beat The After-Christmas Blues
Mental Health

5 Ways To Beat The After-Christmas Blues Now That The Holidays Are Over

It can be really sad to see your family go back home after spending time with them. Staying in touch with them through phone calls or video chats for a while after they leave can help make you feel better when you're missing them.

19

The Holiday season is a wonderful time, filled with love from family, friends, and eating delicious food. For many, the month of December is busy and fun, filled with socializing and spending time with loved ones. After the Holiday's are over, it may leave many of us feeling sad and missing our family, or just becoming bored without the holiday spirit. Here are some tips on how to beat the blues and stay happy after the holiday season.

1. Start a new hobby, or bring back an old one

Whether it be reading, painting, singing, etc. doing an activity that you enjoy will keep you busy and distract you from getting bored or sad.

2. Stay in touch with your friends and family

3. Exercise

Doing physical activity releases endorphins that will keep you happy, make you feel good, and help you be productive, it will also help you get back in shape if you ate too many cookies during the holiday season.

4. Make plans that you can look forward to during the following week

For many of us, making plans with friends and family during the holiday season made us happy, so we should do more of it! Making more plans with friends gives us something to look forward to, even if it just a casual get together with a small group of friends.

5. Start eating healthy

It's hard to resist the endless options of sweet treats available at all the holiday parties, and it's totally okay to indulge a little, just remember to have a healthy balance of food to keep yourself feeling good and try to control the number of sweets you're eating.