Stop Being Offended By The Color Of A Starbucks Cup

It is holiday season!! 'Tis the season to celebrate the current holiday, not all of them.

13

It is here upon us. The Holiday Season. Also known as Christmas. Only Christmas. Only Santa and wreaths and and fa la la la la la la la la joy. To join in on the festivities, Starbucks puts out a different color "holiday cup" each year. And for the past few years, they have been a topic of controversy. Why? In my opinion, these cups are one of the best marketers of holiday cheer out there.

I am not the biggest fan of wreaths up the day after Halloween or advertising Christmas shopping layaway "buy now and pay later" as soon as November hits. But what I see as respectable are the cups that Starbucks hands out after Halloween. They are neither too aggressive nor Christmas-in-your-face; unlike the Holly Jolly forced commercialism of "buy this and that and sale here until Wednesday."

Starbucks cups go with their fall and winter drink menu. They are simply celebrating and sharing the happiness that is fall. They are spreading fall flavors with an accompanying cup. If the cups were advertised as "Limited Edition! Get it While You Can! Once in a Lime Time Deal!" would people be less offended by them?

Let's learn a lesson from an advent calendar and get pumped for Christmas during Christmas month. It is a holiday with an entire month dedicated to it for goodness sake.

So can we please celebrate the holidays as they come and not get offended by the color of a cup? Let's just celebrate by stuffing our faces with candy, then turkey, then Santa cookies all while sipping apple cider and peppermint hot chocolate.

Happy Holiday season everyone!!!