STAYING HOME FOR SPRING BREAK? THAT’S STILL A VACATION

How to bring vacation home with you

2540

Spring break is right around the corner and plans are being solidified. Regardless of your reasons, staying home for spring break is completely normal. Being home opens up opportunities for mini-vacations. Here are a few examples of how to take spring break home with you:

Visit your local spa

Spas are all about relaxation, which is absolutely necessary for college students on break. Local spas tend to be less expensive and more available than those at resorts. A simple Google search will bring up spas near your hometown. Once you nail down which one you’re interested in, book an appointment! A facial, a massage, maybe even a mani/pedi. The main focus is you, so whatever you decide to do at the spa, make sure it’s relaxing.

Wine nights at home

Picture this: you just drew yourself a warm bubble bath, you have your favorite book in one hand and a glass of wine in the other. This is the peak of relaxation on break, all within your own home. Escape from reality by diving into a good book, while also expanding your vocabulary (in the most non-educational, school-type way, of course). Let the wine soothe you and forget about all the stressors in State College.

Spend time with family

This sounds cliche, but spending time with family members or close friends can really ease the soul after a tough beginning of the semester. Being able to release some pressure by laughing with your closest people is unbeatable. Watch a movie together, go on a car ride, bake something. Remind yourself of the joys of being home. Spring break doesn’t have to be all about partying, it can also be making wholesome memories with family.

Take a ride to a local cafe

At college, drinking coffee seems like a lifeline to staying awake to get everything done. Luckily, at home on spring break, coffee can actually be enjoyable again. Taking a visit to your favorite local coffee shop and ordering your favorite latte to drink slowly can be sensationally soothing. Really appreciate the surroundings of the cute cafe and savor the flavors of the coffee. Romanticize the experience rather than rushing through it like you do on the way to class.

Finally watch the show

You know that show you’ve been dying to watch but you just never have time to at school? Now that you’re spring breaking at home, you have all the time in the world. Cozy up on the couch and turn on Netflix. Binge watch, guilt free. Take advantage of this time you have and enjoy your entertainment with no interruptions. Even better, finish your entire watch list! No more feeling like you have no idea what’s going on in the most popular shows.