7 Ways To Stay On Trend And On Budget

7 Ways To Stay In Style Without Breaking The Bank

Since fashion changes week to week but you get paid bi-weekly.

97
https://pixnio.com/people/female-women/fashion-girl-woman-person-portrait-sunglasses-attractive

Since fashion is always changing and evolving it can be difficult, and expensive, to keep up with all the trends. However, it doesn't have to be. Here are 7 ways to keep up with the trends on a budget.

1. Solids and staples are always "in."

How To Wear Black Leather Multi Buckle Ankle Boots With All Black Outfit 2019

stylefavourite.com

Finding relatively inexpensive, but durable, staple clothes will help to make your closet last through the seasons and the trends. Solid color shirts and sweaters, jean and leather jackets, jeans and solid color skirts are almost always in style and can be easily taken from season to season.

2. Splurge on the things you know you'll use.

Kate Spade Just Brought Back The Bag You Wanted So Bad In The '90s

www.bustle.com

Yes, that Gucci purse covered in gemstone bugs is super cute, but how often will you really be able to match it with what you're wearing. When it comes to being on a budget, it is best to save the big purchases for things you'll use often. For example, the only designer purse I have is an all-black Kate Spade saddle bag. Since it's just black, I use it with almost every outfit I have and have really gotten my money's worth out of it.

3. Go thrift shopping.

7 easy steps to become a thrifting master

thetempest.co

Vintage clothes are always in style, but can be very expensive on online stores and in vintage stores. If you're willing to spend your weekend browsing the racks of a thrift store, it will most likely pay off. All those trendy Levi mom jeans everyone's wearing on Instagram? They're almost 100 dollars at Urban Outfitters. I bought mine at a Goodwill for 7...

4. Use the internet.

I know quite a few people who don't have any thrift stores around them and I know personally, sometimes the thrift stores just don't have anything good. Use the internet to your advantage. Apps and websites like Depop and Poshmark are full of cute vintage and new clothes for cheap prices. There are also websites like Rent the Runway that let you rent high-end and designer clothes for cheap so you don't have to buy a $500 dress for one night.

5. Learn to sew and get stains out of clothes.

If you're going to rely on thrift stores for new clothes, it is a good idea to learn how to sew and remove some stains, as some clothes may just need a quick hem, or need that pesky grease stain out. Knowing this will also help to save some of your favorites and will keep you from having to buy a new pair of jeans every time they rip or a new white shirt every time you wear one.

6. Don't be afraid to DIY.

Simply cutting thrift store pants into shorts or making thrift store tops into crop tops can add a lot of life to an outfit, for no price. Also, if you know how to sew, patches can add flair to old jean jackets, and are also great for hiding stains that refuse to get out.

7. Pick your flare carefully.

FINAL SALE- Faux Fur Camo Jacket

www.windsorstore.com

There are certain things that come in out and out of fashion randomly and hardly. For example, a few years ago, no one would be caught dead in camo but now, it's all the rage. With patterns and trends like this, pick your pieces carefully. Jackets, bags and shoes (if they're relatively cheap), are easy to pair with solid and neutral outfits and will still make your outfit look sleek and trendy.

Fashion is something that can be hard to keep up with if you don't have a large disposable income to shell out for whatever the fashion overlords declare is in style this season. With a little hard work and some corner-cutting, you can still manage to look like a million bucks while only spending twenty.